hey pit
for my project i need to find songs taht have some relation to romeo and julliet

so far i have the suffering by coheed
and paranoid android by radio head

any genre is accepted

do you guys know any other songs?

thanks!
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Well, sicne you're a RHCP fan, I'll help.

"Juliet," by Army of Freshmen, but be warned, the song kinda sucks

And there's this one song, don't know the title or artist, but it goes something like this:

"Hey juliet,
I think, you're fine, you really blow my mind
maybe, someday, you and me could run away
I just want you to know, I wanna be your Romeo"
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
In 9th grade my buddies and I had to act out Romeo and Juliet.

We had to keep the words the same, but the Montagues blasted Tupac and wore red bandanas, while the Capulets played Snoop Dogg and had blue bandanas. We fought each other with Nerf guns instead of swords.

EDIT: To answer your question, anything by Lil' Romeo
oh ya they cant have any lines from the play and have the words romeo and julliet in it
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
I Cum Bloo...............

But seriously Demolition Lovers - MCR
Gingers Unite
Quote by KwikKopy
In 9th grade my buddies and I had to act out Romeo and Juliet.

We had to keep the words the same, but the Montagues blasted Tupac and wore red bandanas, while the Capulets played Snoop Dogg and had blue bandanas. We fought each other with Nerf guns instead of swords.

EDIT: To answer your question, anything by Lil' Romeo

OMG, like the movie with Leonardo Dicaprio!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
that was a great movie
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Ha you spelt romeo wrong
what grade are you in? lolz

but yeah Once Nothing has a song about that... i think

You should check it out!
My signature has doubled...
im in grade 10, oops i didnt notice that
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Actually, Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead was commissioned specifically for the end credits to the one Leonardo Dicaprio film remake. That's probably a better choice than Paranoid Android.
oh yes songs from the movies or plays of romeo and julliet cant be used
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Silverstein - Your Sword vs. My Dagger
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
are there any others?
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Exit Music (for a film)
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
...Then I Defy You Stars - The Receiving End of Sirens
Not Good Enough For Truth or Cliche - Escape the Fate
Quote by Ultraturtle0
Actually, Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead was commissioned specifically for the end credits to the one Leonardo Dicaprio film remake. That's probably a better choice than Paranoid Android.

This.

I remeber my band had a fight about if this song was in the credits of the movie or not. Stupid fight ha.
www.myspace.com/thepressmen
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
This is the pit. People will fight to the death about their favorite colour.
In Act 1, Romeo and Juliet are young and passionate - Juliet comes across almost childlike. Similarly, many of the other characters, such as Sampson and Gregory come across as foolish and irresponsible, whatever their age may be. A song like "Forever Young" might work for Act 1 for these reasons.

In Act 2, the lovers have met, and their romance builds to a marriage. A really decent love song is what best represents Act 2... pick your own favourite love song, and use it here.

In Act 3, everything falls apart fromt he very first scene. Mercutio dies, Romeo is exiled, and things look very very bad for Juliet. "Going Under" by Evanescence is suitably dark and expresses a feeling of helpessness about being dragged into something by forces one cannot fight, and Juliet's confusion at learing that her new husband has killed a close member of her own family.

Act 4 is Juliet's ruse. This entire act is about Juliet fooling everyone into thinking she's dead. One of my favourite love songs of all time would fit here: "Even When I'm Sleeping" by Leonardo's Bride: "I love you, even when I'm sleeping / When I close my eyes / You're everywhere".

Act 5 is the tragic death of the lovers. Something completely different here: "Piu Jesu (Requiem)" by Andrew Lloyd Webber, a song he composed for the death of his own father. The title means, literally, "Pity, Jesus".

Answers.yahoo.com (Courtesy of Google) FTW!
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult.

There is literally a whole verse that mentions the play.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Never gonna give you up Rick Astley (think about it)

romeo and juliet are no strangers to love
romeo knows the rules and so does juliet
a full commitment is what romeo is thinking of
juliet wouldnt get that from any other guy
romeo just wants to show juliet how he's feeling
and romeo has to make juliet understand that he's....

or this works too:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Zero-Hartman/blog/44258/
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
^OMG that works so well, im gonna rick roll my entire class, thanks for the help so far guys!
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
are there anymore this is due tommorow
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
I seccond the rick roll notion.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
most of the suggestions have the words romeo and julliet in them, my teacher says i cant have them in it or any quoutes from the play
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
soome themes can be love and hate
young and old
fate ad autonomy
light and dark
teenage love
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Quote by 3lusiv3
In Act 1, Romeo and Juliet are young and passionate - Juliet comes across almost childlike. Similarly, many of the other characters, such as Sampson and Gregory come across as foolish and irresponsible, whatever their age may be. A song like "Forever Young" might work for Act 1 for these reasons.

In Act 2, the lovers have met, and their romance builds to a marriage. A really decent love song is what best represents Act 2... pick your own favourite love song, and use it here.

In Act 3, everything falls apart fromt he very first scene. Mercutio dies, Romeo is exiled, and things look very very bad for Juliet. "Going Under" by Evanescence is suitably dark and expresses a feeling of helpessness about being dragged into something by forces one cannot fight, and Juliet's confusion at learing that her new husband has killed a close member of her own family.

Act 4 is Juliet's ruse. This entire act is about Juliet fooling everyone into thinking she's dead. One of my favourite love songs of all time would fit here: "Even When I'm Sleeping" by Leonardo's Bride: "I love you, even when I'm sleeping / When I close my eyes / You're everywhere".

Act 5 is the tragic death of the lovers. Something completely different here: "Piu Jesu (Requiem)" by Andrew Lloyd Webber, a song he composed for the death of his own father. The title means, literally, "Pity, Jesus".

Answers.yahoo.com (Courtesy of Google) FTW!

listen to this man, he knows his ****
any other suggestions?
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
Quote by rambelpalsis
most of the suggestions have the words romeo and julliet in them, my teacher says i cant have them in it or any quoutes from the play

thats really kinda stupid -.-

-checks itunes-
First Day of My Life: Bright Eyes
for their love..?

maybe
Amity: Lovehatehero
though the song is about sex..... coudl relate to the balcony scene and such but might be pushign it a bit.

someone already said Demolition Lovers: My Chemical Romance
or maybe Cemetery Drive about the suicide thing over a lost love?

Every You Every Me: Placebo

Set Phasers to Stun or A Decade Under The Influence by Taking Back Sunday

Madeline by Tickle me Pink

i got nuttin else >.<
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
why would you go with anything other than romeo and juliet by dire straits/ killers cover

i guess there's always this too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU4Y3A3oJRM

*shudders*
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th