I have to do a project for english on the American dream and part of it includes songs. So does anyone know any good (or even mediocre) metal/grind songs on this subject?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
well, it doesnt get much more american than pantera if were talkin metal here
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Do they have any songs about the American dream though?
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Oh ****, I'm gonna do Primus.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
...that's the least metal subject i can think of, to be honest.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
...that's the least metal subject i can think of, to be honest.

I know..... it also has nothing to do with the class. We just got a random 30 slide power point project...
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Scars of the Crucifix by Deicide is always a fun one to play for audiences that don't know what metal is.... they find it quite surprising...
I have to do the same thing in my english class, except we have to write a 3-5 page paper about it instead of a powerpoint.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
as much as it isnt metal, it is certainly heavier than most metal

Chokehold - Content With Dying

should work great
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
SYL - Home Nucleonics is victorious.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.