So I' learning Portrait of Tracy, but I can't find that last ringing harmonic thing Jaco does. The music I have says it should be on the 13 fret on the A, D and G strings, but when I try it it sound like a dull thud almost like palm muting. So where is this elusive 13 fret harmonic that sounds awesome?
Easiest way I've found to do it is to start by fretting the 9th fret on your G string, and playing the artificial harmonic on the 13th. Once you're comfortable with that and the D string artifical harmonic, after your comfortable with that add the A string.

In recording they raised the level of the last note. It's almost impossible to get it to be as loud as jaco plays it on that recording.
Keep your fingers are horizontal as you can
(so you minimize the angles. Harmonics like exact points, not a finger that is crooked)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by elemenohpee
Easiest way I've found to do it is to start by fretting the 9th fret on your G string, and playing the artificial harmonic on the 13th. Once you're comfortable with that and the D string artifical harmonic, after your comfortable with that add the A string.

In recording they raised the level of the last note. It's almost impossible to get it to be as loud as jaco plays it on that recording.

Yeah that is how i eventually managed it, figured it was the best way. Interesting about the recording, i've always wondered how the hell he made it so loud. mofo. Even still, in the Jaco video he plays it and its loud there.
Quote by Captain Insano
Are you keeping the 9th fret fretted?

Oh. It's written as a natural harmonic on what I have. I'll try that.