http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Mockingbird-ST-Electric-Guitar-512696-i1276270.gc

what do you people think of them? i havent personally played one yet, but my friend says they sound sick - from psychedelic **** to metal. It looks beautiful. I'm thinking of buying one, but I cant find one.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
I had a mockingbird a long time ago it wasn't that specific model but I didn't care much for it. For the money I'd just buy a schecter.
mine is total secks.

sustain is monstrous, tone is gorgeous and deep.

the only thing i don't like is the body. comes back up and gets underneath my ribs a bit, has to be slung really low. higher fret access is a pain too.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
I like B.C. RIch and all,
but its just sooooo ugly
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Well slash played one on "You Could Be Mine" both in the studio and live so they should be good
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
lol thats what originally got me interested in them, he told me slash had one....

is it harder to get up there than a les paul or no? if its got great tone and sustain and has to be slung low it sounds good for me, course i'll have to try it out first.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
I got one similar used at GC and it rocks. IMHO probably the best guitar I ever owned. I had the Floyd replaced because the prevoiuse owned blocked it and then stripped the think to sh*t trying to adjust it. My luthier/repairman fell in love with it as well.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 10, 2008,
The ST is the only Mockingbird I like. Basically 'cause it's so versatile. It's a great guitar though. Beautiful finish, mini-switches for coil tap and reverse phase, tone filter, original Floyd, and Neck-Thru Construction ^_^

Plays great, kinda thick neck, but smooth. Not good for metal though =/ Anything else though, they're great. My only complaint was that the Mafia pickups aren't that hot. They sound good, but not great.
looks hotter than my epi les paul fo sho.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
looks hotter than my epi les paul fo sho.

I also got a mockingbird style guitar.
It is Fernandes MG-360S

Definitely one of the best looking guitar
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
lol thats what originally got me interested in them, he told me slash had one....

is it harder to get up there than a les paul or no? if its got great tone and sustain and has to be slung low it sounds good for me, course i'll have to try it out first.

ha yeah he does a red one like I said he played it in the studio on you could be mine and also if you watch their live in tokyo dvd he plays it on that song as well. He used to play bc rich warlocks in the really early days of gnr.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I love the shape. I used to have an '84 NJ Mock, but I ended up giving that to a girlfriend that wanted to learn to play for her x-mas present. I just couldn't get used to the scale length (24 5/8th's I believe).
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
The Mockingbird Special is awesome. Grover Rotomatics, Tone Pros TOM, NTB construction, Rockfield pickups and not nearly as neckheavy as regular Mockingbirds. All that for under €600.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)