So this isn't your average finger pain associated with not having calus, this is a little different. This also a reoccuring problem, it goes away after a few days only to come back and piss me off. Basically the skin is coming off from under my nails(sorry that's the best I can explain it). If anyone knows how to prevent it or heal it then please tell me your secret, if not I guess i'll stop being a pussy and TAKE THE PAIN!!!
This is natural. When you bend a guitar string, it tears the skin under your nails and for un experienced hands, this can at first hurt very badly...
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Stop putting your fingers up your pooper
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by ghostnineone
ingrown nail?

hangnail?

is it all swollen and stuff?

...i got a hangnail(HANGNAIL!)
hanging from my cuticle,
i got a hangnail(HANGNAIL!)
it aint beautiful
it hurts like a bitch that i did last night

...i think that last line is right...and an e-cookie if someone knows where i got this
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Quote by Supertait
Stop putting your fingers up your pooper

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by gatewaytobeyond
hanging from my cuticle,
it aint beautiful

...i think that last line is right...and an e-cookie if someone knows where i got this

rap on family guy ftw +10 internets for you good sir
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
hanging from my cuticle,
it aint beautiful

Family Guy?

EDIT: DAMN. Beaten to it.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

i swear when i first read the title i thought it said "Finger Palin!!!"

i've been let down
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
rap on family guy ftw +10 internets for you good sir

one for you...

Quote by Conehead
Family Guy?

and one for you...
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
cut your nails a little shorter all the time. its gonna hurt but no worse than when you started playing guitar. after a while you can bend the strings to your feet if want without feeling it. if that were physicaly possible.
i had this problem a few weeks ago. i have naturally long finger nails i guess, that can only be cut so short (which sucks). i was working on a song with a crazy amount of bends and i ripped the skin from my nail. thing is i kept going. finally it was bleeding pretty good so i stopped. i took it easy for a few days (playing but not bending) but it was still sore and when i went to work on the bends again i ripped it agian.

i would suggest leaving that finger nail a little long for a while( at least a week to 10 days) to let it heal. try not to put to much strain(bending) on it. also try not to cut the nail so short. thats what i was trying to do, but you'll find that that extra 1/2 mm shorter wont make that much difference except being painful.

just let it heal

Gian

Edit^ yes to above. cutting your nails shorter over time when they are healthy again. my nails on my left hand can be cut way shorter than on my right but this is after about 1 year or working at it. if you go to much at one time it will hurt for a while. dont over do it
Last edited by gian133 at Dec 9, 2008,