Alright, I already have a stratocaster and an HH guitar that can get me that Les Paul ballsy tone, so I figure now I can get a guitar with the same type of pickups and not hate myself for not increasing versatility since I already have humbuckers and single-coils. Anyway, I was wondering what the tonal difference you guys can find is between a tele and a strat and if it'd be worth my money to get a tele in addition. And if it's a "yes" to the tele, rosewood tele a la George Harrison(complete with natural finish, rosewood board, rosewood head and all that stuff) or black-on-yellow 50's style maple neck tele(The copy of Mr. Harrison's "Rosie" is $50 more)?

And to all who hate one or both iconic Fender shapes mentioned, I think their both sexy, so I don't want to hear it from you lot.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
If you want something a bit different, maybe a Tele with a P-90 in the neck? Maybe the TC-90 or Adkins (I think) signature with P-90's in both the neck and the bridge.
Quote by Iceman 420
If you want something a bit different, maybe a Tele with a P-90 in the neck? Maybe the TC-90 or Adkins (I think) signature with P-90's in both the neck and the bridge.

Hmm, didn't know they made teles like that...any links, or if not, images?

Quote by fretsonfire74
I'd say pay the extra $50 for the tele.

XD No, the copy of Rosie is $50 more than the 50's-style blonde tele.

Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm, didn't know they made teles like that...any links, or if not, images?

Of course, you could always just stick a P90 in the neck of any other Tele. Or...an ESQUIRE.
Damn, wish I had that thing...sadly it looks too expensive for me though. I'm liking this idea of taking a tele and/or esquire and putting in a P-90. Would it require and extra routing, or is it empty below the pickguard?

Depends on what Tele you get. Most have only the single coil neck pick-up routed, some have a swimming pool route. But what is your budget?
Well, either a used MIM Standard, or a copy from a company called Dillion(I know, Fender copy = bane of man, but my guitar teacher, who's been playing since the 60's, back when you really couldn't go wrong on any brand name guitar, and he says their better than some real Fender's and Gibsons he's played). The MIM's price fluctuates depending on condition, but the Dillion's would be about $300 for 1950's-style butterscotch blonde tele w/ a maple board, $350 for an all-rosewood copy of Mr. Harrison's rosewood tele, so about $350-$500 max.

I've never been much of a Tele person myself, but G&L ASATs are great. And it has soapbar MFDs, which might have the sort of P90-esque sound you're looking for.