Well my dad wants me to learn some Christmas songs for when the family gets together in a few weeks.
Everything I have looked up is very simple and will sound great on my acoustic, but i would like to surprise everyone with a christmas rock type song to play on the les paul.

Got any suggestions of a faster paced christmas hit but in a rock version.
Kindof like what Steve Ouimette(sp?) did with We Three Kings.
Quote by mikemangone
Well my dad wants me to learn some Christmas songs for when the family gets together in a few weeks.
Everything I have looked up is very simple and will sound great on my acoustic, but i would like to surprise everyone with a christmas rock type song to play on the les paul.

Got any suggestions of a faster paced christmas hit but in a rock version.
Kindof like what Steve Ouimette(sp?) did with We Three Kings.

I'm more or less on the same boat but would be quite happy with the simple stuff. What songs did you come up with and where did you look?

Cheers
In school we have a guitar ensemble, and I'm in it, and we have to play christmas songs

The thing I find fun to do is on songs such as We Wish You A Merry Christmas and Once In Royal David City is to Trill certian notes, Bend to other notes, Palm mute less important parts, or lower parts of the melody and use Pinch Harmonics and Natural Harmonics and even Tapped Harmonics, you're not shredding it up, but with some nice Overdrive can turn an old christmas song, into a rocking christmas song
Anything from Trans Siberian Orchestra will do.

I learned the into to Faith Noel last night. Sounds nice with the neck pickup on my strat and enough overdrive to get a strong sustain
Carol of the Bells - August Burns Red

CIRCLE PIT AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top