So i got bored and wanted to download some old gameboy games to my computer to be entertained but
how legal is to use and emulator ?
like and im just plain confused on how they work.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Emulators are technically legal as long as you own the physical version of the rom you downloaded.
Emulators are perfectly fine to have, the legality issue comes in with the actual roms you download. There's a site called coolrom.com and they just let you download games that have been 'abandoned' and are fine to DL legally. No Super Mario Bros or Sonic, but you still get the good classics.
This could be debatable. How can you "steal" something that isn't made or sold anymore. Truthfully I doubt Nintendo cares since they dont make money from used Game Boy games being sold anyway...
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Yeah, if you own the physical game, your allowed to use emulators and roms. Same for torrents and backups for consoles.

emuparadise for roms, most systems, most games btw.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
who cares the emulator police arent going to come in your house and arrest you. Be Free and DL all the old games you want.
I think it's something like you can have the ROM for 24 hours legally unless you own a physical copy of the game, in which case it's totally fine.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
oh okay sweet XD
Which site has pokemon?
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
They are gray area legal. You're supposed to own the games you download, but for that, you're on the honor system. Good luck finding games like mario or pokemon, they can be found, but you have to do quite a bit of hunting around.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Just google Gameboy ROMS.

There used to be an awesome site I can't remember anymore...
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Romhustler is a very good site where you can do this to the fullest extent.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.