I have an old 30Gb Ipod lying around, could I install a game onto that and run it on my computer? I don't really feel like wasting 8gbs of my hard drive for one game.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by Sirwinston89
I have an old 30Gb Ipod lying around, could I install a game onto that and run it on my computer? I don't really feel like wasting 8gbs of my hard drive for one game.

Can you turn on disk mode? Yes, you can.
hmm, what about a usb drive style thing? You know, like a pen drive? Would it run any faster, I'm looking for as close to normal speeds as possible. If worst comes to worst, I guess I could always buy another hard drive, as mine is filling up.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

Man, games are getting huge now. I remember back in the day some game I bought took up 1GB and I thought it was so intense.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
haha yeah, I remember those days. That was also when I had an 8gb hard drive.....
Quote by bass-man9712

Oh wow, only 8? someone gave us their old computer that had 20 and I thought that was small.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
yeah, but that thing was ancient! I think it ran on windows 98, which I put on after I got it!
Quote by bass-man9712

i've played wolfenstein 3d in 1995, was awsome, a dos pc with a few megabytes of memory, great times
The game will run a lot slower if it's not installed onto a harddrive, information through usb is transferred much slower than through SATA or IDE
You should all go back and game using cassettes, you had to wait 45 mins for the damned thing to load.
Quote by JackalUK
You should all go back and game using cassettes, you had to wait 45 mins for the damned thing to load.

I remember playing on those as a wee lad.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
The game won't run slower, it'll load slower.

So it depends on how the game loads, if it's like half life where chunks of the game load periodically you're ****ed, if it's a level based game where the entire level loads at the start, probably slightly less ****ed.