Ok so im looking for a new amp for christmas probably the max my parents would pay would be around $600-700. It can be used and can be either combo or stack. Im looking for something that I could jam with a drummer with and to play shows as well. I play classic rock and hair metal and I obviously play an Ibanez RG. Your help and advice is appreciated!

Jordan
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Randall amps if your into metal. I have the cheapest half stack they sell (the RX120RH) and its awesome.
Quote by McMetal
Randall amps if your into metal. I have the cheapest half stack they sell (the RX120RH) and its awesome.

I dabble in metal but most of my playing is in the classic rock area
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Get a peavey valveking with a digitech bad monkey if you're into classic rock. it sounds like pure bliss.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by McMetal

Solid state however, and an SS halfstack is a bit pointless imo
TS, you would do pretty well with a Peavey Valveking/Classic 30, or a Laney VC30
ohai little sig.
Quote by SOADriff
Get a peavey valveking with a digitech bad monkey if you're into classic rock. it sounds like pure bliss.

I tried an amp at the local store today I believe it was a little fender and the guy plugged in the jekyl and hyde pedal which I found gave me great tone even though I wasnt playing my guitar but a higher end one they had in the store.

Quote by Demonikk
Solid state however, and an SS halfstack is a bit pointless imo
TS, you would do pretty well with a Peavey Valveking/Classic 30, or a Laney VC30

So is the classic 30 an amp, sorry im out of the loop on amps as Ive only had one and I didnt purchase it.

EDIT: They have a valveking at the shop I usually go to in the next town but I havent tried it will have to give it a go once I get my guitar back in 2 weeks
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by SOADriff

QFT.
id suggest checking out bugera 412H-BK. for the price its pretty awesome. maybe find a used peavey 5150. you should get pretty good tones. remember to actually try a lot of stuff before you buy.
don't listen to any of this (no offense guys) if you're playing classic rock and hair metal go buy a laney AOR protube 50w combo or head that is your amp my friend doesn't get any better than that for under 600 bucks
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era