i am left handed and play metal and shred primarily.

i have been looking at Soloists, RR Phil Collens sig and possibly a RAN custom.

i want 24 frets
a floyd rose and hey maybe seven strings.

any recommendations?
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
if you want a 7 and a left handed guitar, you might need to custom shop. not alot of 7 string models are left handed.
PRS for custom shop dude.
you might not be able to afford a lefty custom 24 though, and I don't even know if they have seven string guitars haha,
Why would you want to spend all of that $2500 all at once on just one guitar? Go like $500 for the guitar and then $2000 for a God-like rig.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Why would you want to spend all of that $2500 all at once on just one guitar? Go like $500 for the guitar and then $2000 for a God-like rig.

why the hell would i spend 500 for a guitar when i have 2 that already are worth more than that?? haha

7 string was optional, PRS lefties are a tad over my budget i believe lol

haha i dont want to be opeth!! i have the laney only thing left is a prs lol, could a PRS do technical metal?

plus i dont really feel like paying that much for a guitar and changing pickups
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
I would personally go for a RR custom, they are exactly in that price range and meet your specs besides a 7th string.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
$2500? Isn't Gibwson Dark Fire meant to be $2500 at release?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
get a caparison! they fit into your price range and they fill all your specs you need, and they look and sound amazing.
Get the Phil Collens one. The guitar is amazing looking, the finish is definitely sick dude.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
get a caparison! they fit into your price range and they fill all your specs you need, and they look and sound amazing.

eh i would have not even posted this if i could BUT, they do not make lefties.

@ random_B-RAD- i don't know and the gibson really doesnt fit what we are going for here

@ IPlaySchecter - what carvin and is it worth the jump over from my shecters.. and the cost of putting new pickups in?

can you guys tell me how some of these bad boys play and feel from personal expierence rather than just telling me they look nice haha
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
Quote by Krzy8
eh i would have not even posted this if i could BUT, they do not make lefties.

@ random_B-RAD- i don't know and the gibson really doesnt fit what we are going for here

@ IPlaySchecter - what carvin and is it worth the jump over from my shecters.. and the cost of putting new pickups in?

can you guys tell me how some of these bad boys play and feel from personal expierence rather than just telling me they look nice haha

Carvin can and will make you anything you want. They are a first class custom shop. I wish i had the money to call carvin and tell them what i want. But i dont. Look at the carvin website. I dont know if a custom shop carvin is really worth the extra money over your schecter. I love Schecter. But it seems you have money to spend, and i am just opinioning on a sweet option.
ive messed with the carvin custom shops for months, but it kills me that they dont have the ultra V in lefty!!!!

they could definatly do shred, but how well could they hold up to metal?
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
Quote by Krzy8
ive messed with the carvin custom shops for months, but it kills me that they dont have the ultra V in lefty!!!!

they could definatly do shred, but how well could they hold up to metal?

Well i Know they would be great! Have you asked them them to make you an ultra v in lefty? Ask, and if you have the cash, i will guarantee you will receive.
i asked before this thread was even in existence. and they said no. lol
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
I would go with a Carvin DC-727.

Any guitar can do metal if your amp is metal. I recommend replacing the pickups but no big deal really.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
hows the trem on the 727?

lefties dont get the floyd rose options with carvin
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
Krzy8 im pretty much in the same boat your in. I got 2100 for a guitar or guitar/amp and im not sure what to get.

Ive been leaning towards Ran for along time cause i think their guitars are god like. I dont know why but for some reason those Ran guitars seem EPIC.

Ive also been looking at Carvin.
But i have no experiance with them. and they dont give me that EPIC feeling that Ran does. I know its just a feeling and Ive never played either but i personally met Jeff Waters and he had his red annihilator ax with him. Even made bit of a sales pitch on it. Looked EPIC.

Im sure ran could pull off the left hand stuff to.
Quote by Sum41DudeRob

ive checked them out, by it seems to only be sideways progress from the schecters i own.

@ Sgt.Zen- i am defiantly leaning towards ran, for the sheer custom feeling and quality.

I am looking to spend all the cash on the guitar as i am pleased with my rig, might get a budda later in life or a bogner. but i really want "that" guitar, the one you will cherish forever, plus i dont have a floyd rose guitar yet haha
Guitars-LEFTY
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Cube 15
Misc.
Jackson soloist
Custom Ran/carvin
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Well maybe leftY's should stick to the piano. Just kidding! it aint our fault you are left handed. Deal with it.
Honestly you're not missing anything with a 7 string trem anyway. It's a bit more difficult to adjust than a 6 string and you can't really use it to it's fullest extent because of the lack of tension in the low B.

Carvin builds an excellent guitar. i woudln't hesitate to buy another one if I had the money.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio