well, in a while im going to get my first electric guitar (iv been playing acoustic) and i was wondering. whats a good 1st electric guitar from $100 - $150 (mabye $200) australian dollars? please reply
Life is like a box of choclates, ya' never know whats coming next.
well, ur not gonna get very muchm but squier?? are u willing to go used??
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I started on a basic Ashton starter pack, those guitars aren't THAT bad for beginner ones, better than those damn Squier Bullets, trust me. The amp that came with it is slightly crap, but should hopefully do for a while.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Im going to suggest you get a job
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Get some mroe money. Atleast $300 AUD for an Epiphone G-310. The cheapest guitar I've seen at my store is a $170 squier Bullet Strat that I would throw out of a 10th story window.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I got an SX for my first guitar, the 150 dollar strat copy from Hans Music Spot in Croydon.

Its actually not too bad, I use it for my drop B stuff lol cos i dont care if it gets wrecked. But yeah, not a bad guitar if you have the amp/pedal to get a good starting tone out of it.
You should consider getting a second hand guitar. Ebay has a good selection of used guitars. I bought my electric guitar on ebay.

I suggest you read as many reviews as you can on any guitar you are considering buying. Ultimate guitar has a lot of reviews, but you should also search the internet for reviews because the more reviews you read, the better informed you are about what you are buying. Also, try to get an opportunity to play the guitar.
thanks Zyzzvya and ,kilbie

and yes i am willing to go used, and if your gonna post stupid comment dont comment, plus im only 13 so i cant get a job **** ******
bump
Go to Ebay, try to find some Yamaha Pacifica.
What stuff are you going to be playing?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
the guys that say there ashton or squier arnt that bad are lying...anyhoo for that money u aint gonna get squat. so save up about 400-500 and get something half not to ****. dont forget u need an amp too
we play kidna soft rock (smoke on the water that stuff)