Hi,
I'm going to buy a new and i hesitate between the models below:

Washburn x50 pro
Fender stratocaster Lone Star
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender stratocaster HSS

I play mosly blues/rock/Hardrock, which one do you think will be the best??
PRS SE singlecut
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
x50pro. I have been thinking of buying one myself. The model with EMGs.
I'm getting an x50pro (with seymour duncans) if the stupid shop ever gets one in for me

Edit: If I was you I'd try and have a go on each of them, then buy whichever you are most comfortable with
X50 Pro, perfect for rock and blues and the best value out of the bunch.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
X50 Pro, perfect for rock and blues and the best value out of the bunch.

if he's in the UK, agreed.

also best to try them, as zhilla says, just in case you don't get on with the neck or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One of the Fenders, HSS probably, especially for those genres you listed.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I don't think i would take a prs, still the three others.
i really hesitate between lone star, hss, the washburn is very polyvalent but i really focus on blues/rock/hard rock. Washburn has 59' and custom custom SD pickups, Lone Star has pealey gates SD and two single specialTexas pickups.
What do you think??
Last edited by rocker313 at Dec 16, 2008,
Quote by rocker313
i really hesitate between lone star, hss, the washburn is very polyvalent but i really focus on blues/rock/hard rock. Washburn has 59' and custom custom SD pickups, Lone Star has pealey gates SD and two single specialTexas pickups.
What do you think??

I am deciding between these guitars and a fender deluxe fat strat. i don't know what to get either.
Quote by rocker313
Well, for blues/rock x50pro would be the best??

what do you mean by blues/rock? have you decided to stop playing hard rock?

the washburn is quite a modern guitar- it has a very versatile tone though. certainly the pickups should be fine for those styles of music, i think, if you can get along with the slightly more modern, superstrat looks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by rocker313
What do you think??

The custom custom is a very good bridge pickup for that rock n roll sound, it's alnico wound and has a nice warm tone which is great at your hard/classic rock rythms, the 59 is also really great for those bluesy tones, also they're both coil tapped, you can get some seriously sweet cleans out of them. Not only that but they both compliment eachother really well, the pearly gates is an awesome pup but i can't really speak for those tex pups. Might as well get two really cool pickups rather than one cool pup.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by rocker313
Would pearly gates SD be best than custom custom SD for hard rock??

A pearly gates is a gr8 neck pup, not sure about havin one in the bridge though.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
If out of those, the single cut, but an SG always works for those genres as well.
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
I changed totally my mind. I think i will go for an OLP MM1 but can't find it for sale on the net??
^ what changed your mind?

Quote by Gregoric
A pearly gates is a gr8 neck pup, not sure about havin one in the bridge though.

should be fine in the bridge (i think i've tried one in the bridge), more aimed at sleazy classic rock than hard rock, though. think zz top, i think, from what i can remember.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by rocker313
I changed totally my mind. I think i will go for an OLP MM1 but can't find it for sale on the net??

ebay!
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!