Alright so I've been playing for the some 4 years now, and the calluses on my fretting hand have developed quite a bit.

But recently I have noticed that the skin from the tip of my middle finger has been coming out. This was expected 'cause I've been playing some ridiculously long bends lately that finger is under quite some pressure.

But the thing is, this happens EVERY time I play a song for a lick with really hard bends for 30-40 minutes.

This does not happen on any other finger.

Now I was wondering if this is normal or I am doing something wrong?

My fingers don't hurt after I play though, just the tips (which is kinda obvious).

Halp pl0x.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
well that happens to me. I don't think its anything to worry about
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
All the tips of my fingers are peeling like mad because of how I play, so I don't think it's anything to worry about... The other my fingers looked ****ed up from all the skin peeling, but it didn't hurt or anything so yeah.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Happens to me too. The skin on my ring finger just flakes off 'cause of my harsh unnecesarily long and emotional bends.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
usually they'll blister a bit and if you carry on playing they will eventually harden up.

what string gauge do you use? im always bending and i found with 12s and 13s, my fingers never got used to it. they were just a constant mess - it was kind of embarrasing how churned up they were.

i switched down to 11s and now my fingers are calloused up (thats to be expected) but i dont have ruts and peeling skin on them.

though i must say ive never held a bend for 30-40 minutes. .
Quote by clear and blue
...though i must say ive never held a bend for 30-40 minutes. .

See, I'm what them bluesmen call a really emotional player.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
on a side note, I notice all of my callouses (calli?) are on one side of the finger, the side toward the pinky. Is this normal?
To the original poster: Did you recently change the alloy of your string? Stainless Steel strings are especially unforgiving on your fingers; and some of us might even be allergic to it. Hell, I've even heard of a case where he was allergic to nickel strings. If you recently changed guitar strings, maybe you switched the alloy? Just a suggestion to think about but if you were allergic, I suppose it should affect all 4 of your fingers. But, in all probability it's just a normal guitar player thing.