In minor mode this are the chords:

i-ii*-III-iv-v-VI-VII

But shouldn't the III be bIII ? I feel like I've read that somewhere
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by 08L1V10N
In minor mode this are the chords:

i-ii*-III-iv-v-VI-VII

But shouldn't the III be bIII ? I feel like I've read that somewhere
Yes
Theoretically, the chords in a minor scale are: i - iio - bIII - iv - v - bVI - bVII

Practically, the chords in a minor scale are: I - ii or iio - bIII or bIII+ - iv - V - bVI - bVII or viio

You are right in the theoretical sense, the chord should be bIII.
But most songs don't involve Dim chords and such
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by 08L1V10N
But most songs don't involve Dim chords and such
Most contemporary songs, yeah. But than again, most contemporary songs are just I - IV -V progressions.

Jazz and classical songs always use diminished chords to resolve. The best way to resolve from a diminished chord is the use the major or minor chord that's a semitone higher. This resolves particularly well as diminished vii chords contain the same notes that cause dominant V chords to resolve so well to major/minor I/i chords/

You could say the same about augmented chords (the bIII+ is an augmented chord, the plus sign means augmented), but it can actually be used as a good predominant chord, as in a chord you use right before a dominant V chord (which is used right before a I/i chord, aka, resolving).

You could also use that iio chord as a predominant chord. Most guys would use an ii chord (normal minor chord) instead though.