Hi, I may get an interview for this job shortly, and I was just wondering what the dress sense would be. That probably sounds like a strange question, but this is the music industry right? Image is quite important., compared to what I was doing before.

Cheers,
M
Leather pants that require greasing up to get into.

EDIT: Try this look instead. The look of a serious musician.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by JackalUK
Stylish casual

Jeans, black T-shirt with Satch on the front, and shoes?

Leather pants that require greasing up to get into.

Ummm, snake skin.
Quote by mdc

And maybe a suit jacket to classy things up a bit
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
Quote by mdc

This sounds like me.
Quote by -Rodion-
Yes, blach T-shirt with Satch on it is very stylish...

I really hope this isn't sarcasm.

Because my tshirt generated a lot of interest.
Quote by Jackolas
Everyone would dress like Yngwie there if they could! Or had the bottle.

I wouldn't.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Deliriumbassist
How "proper" is this job? If it's a 9-5 guitar teaching job attached to a store, I'd go rather smart. Even more so if it's for a large chain store.

I'd be teaching for the Berkshire Young Musicians Trust (I'm in the UK), they have over 8000 students, so I guess its quite "proper".

Thanx for the responses so far.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I wouldn't.

Hmm... Subconciously you might.

Quote by mdc
I'd be teaching for the Berkshire Young Musicians Trust (I'm in the UK), they have over 8000 students, so I guess its quite "proper".

Good luck, I am from Berkshire myself!
Quote by mdc

Smart casual then, methinks. Enough to say "Yeah, I'm a professional bloke, but I can still "hit it" with the youth of today... they still say "hit it" these days, don't they?"
a nice, collared shirt, with a dress jacket. jeans might be okay, but i would probably adjust to what the interviewer/other teachers deem appropriate

so... casual, but still with a sense of professionalism?
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by faint_spirit
a nice, collared shirt, with a dress jacket. jeans might be okay, but i would probably adjust to what the interviewer/other teachers deem appropriate

so... casual, but still with a sense of professionalism?

Ok, are there any teachers here on these boards? I've got the idea now lol, but as a teacher what would you suggest?

The bottom line is though, they're gonna want to see my playing skills more than what designer shirt I'm wearing!
True, but you are going to be a teacher. And not just a normal rent-for-an-hour guitar teacher, by the sounds of it. Think of it this way- if you just turn up in any old jeans and t-shirt, what's the first impression there? Although first impressions shouldn't count, they do in an interview.
Sweet, I know what it's gonna be. Cheers! After all those questions I feel like a girl about to go out on my first date
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Are you going to try and sleep with the interviewer?

Well if first impressions don't work then its gotta be worth a try right?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Are you going to try and sleep with the interviewer?

Lol, maybe i should go as post #3 after all.
Quote by rocking bassist
I'm dressed like Yngwie right now.

Eww
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Jackolas
This sounds like me.

me too!

if not that you should wear a shirt with the guitar/amp/fx brand that you use. so you seem more devoted and professional towards your gear and stuff : \
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime
me too!

if not that you should wear a shirt with the guitar/amp/fx brand that you use. so you seem more devoted and professional towards your gear and stuff : \

You'll look devoted and professional or just a little bit of a freak.

Probably freak.
Quote by Asgath
You'll look devoted and professional or just a little bit TOO COOL.

Probably TOO COOL.

Yeah man.
Quote by Aftertime
me too!

Or maybe Dave Weiner's own brand that is "got riffs?" lol