Page 1 of 2
I was sitting on my couch watching TV, I got up and went to the fridge and next thing I remember Im sitting on the chair, fell on it and knocked off a candle from the table, my friend saw it and said that I went to the fridge collapsed on to the chair and started shivering , cramp or whatever. He said it lasted for a few seconds but I feel like I have a 5 hour memory hole.
What the hell happened? Why did this happen? Am I sick or something?
Spiraling up through the crack in the sky
Leaving material world behind
I see your face in constellations
The martyr is ending his life for mine.
That's some weird ****, man. Have you been stressed out at all lately? Or done any drugs? If I were you, i'd go get checked out
So... Why are you on the Pit if you're that worried?

"Hey! I just had an unexplainable seizure causing me to have amnesia! TO THE PIT!"

You just starred in an alien-abduction pr0n movie
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
I dont know man, Ive had a couple of times when im sitting down and stand up and start doing something, and then my vision goes basicly black, but nothing like this. Ive never started twitching or fallen down. Is this normal or should I see a doctor?
trool?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
EDIT: Oh you mean , before i got up ,like 10 minutes this time, but ive had it when i have been sitting for like 4 hours.
Quote by Mazujev
I dont know man, Ive had a couple of times when im sitting down and stand up and start doing something, and then my vision goes basicly black, but nothing like this. Ive never started twitching or fallen down. Is this normal or should I see a doctor?

Which seems more logical to you?

Go see a doctor
that's nothing... i teleport without even knowing it sometimes. sheesh.

I noticed in your sig that you own a spider... burn it. Those are have horrible capabilities.
Last edited by Darkkon at Dec 10, 2008,
Sounds like a seizure...should go get checked out!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
You made the right move already. My doctor always tells me if I black out and start convulsing to quickly start a forum in the pit.
Quote by Firequacker
Vasovagil syncope is my guess.

He would have to have stuck his head into the fridge for that...
No, probably orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure due to standing up):
Low blood pressure > Stands up > Blood pressure drops in brain > Blood perfusion of brain drops below critical level > Pass out

It's pretty normal, actually. Did you stand up really abruptly? If you did, try standing up more slowly next time, to allow your blood pressure to fall more gradually, so your vessels can adapt to it.
Quote by Mazujev
should I see a doctor?

No you should stay in the Pit and ask the people who don't have a medical degree.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Narcosynthesis.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by ZeGuitarist
He would have to have stuck his head into the fridge for that...
No, probably orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure due to standing up):
Low blood pressure > Stands up > Blood pressure drops in brain > Blood perfusion of brain drops below critical level > Pass out

Why would he have had to stick his head in the fridge?

I'm diagnosed with it, and I merely have to stand up. Wait, were you conscious while it happened? Or did it feel like no time passed?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
So... Why are you on the Pit if you're that worried?

"Hey! I just had an unexplainable seizure causing me to have amnesia! TO THE PIT!"

Do lighten up. Even the thinks you need to.
This has happened to me before!!! it's either dehydration, or if your head is really hot (not that kinda hot), it can also happen.
SIGNATURE
Quote by KaFuCh
This has happened to me before!!! it's either dehydration, or if your head is really hot (not that kinda hot), it can also happen.

Although i would still suggest going to the doctor
Quote by 0RI0N
Narcosynthesis.

*runs off to listen to nevermore*
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
****,,, now I'm afraid to stand up. oh well, i knew this would happen eventually. THE ETERNAL PIT LURKING BEGINS.
I do have low blood pressure , got it from my father, I called up my mother and she said that my dad used to have pretty similar stuff. Probably going to the doctor tomorrow, and jeez dont jump on me like that, I wrote here because some people here might know something, i started looking it up on wikipedia and called up my mother and Im pretty sure its the blood pressure I have, but im still going to the doctor. Anyway, thanks to you who helped. I appreciate it.
Vasovagal syncope is passing out due to overstimulation of the heart by "vagal" stimulation (stimulation of the vagus nerve, which slows heart rate: if it's overstimulated, heart rate drops too steep and you pass out).

It can be caused by many things, one of them being sudden exposure to extreme cold. Sticking your head in the fridge probably wouldn't do it, it was a stupid joke, but jumping in a tub of freezing water would...

There's other causes to vasovagal syncope though, but I don't think standing up abruptly is one of them. Standing upright for a long time, is a possible cause...

Cheers
Quote by Mazujev
I do have low blood pressure , got it from my father, I called up my mother and she said that my dad used to have pretty similar stuff. Probably going to the doctor tomorrow, and jeez dont jump on me like that, I wrote here because some people here might know something, i started looking it up on wikipedia and called up my mother and Im pretty sure its the blood pressure I have, but im still going to the doctor. Anyway, thanks to you who helped. I appreciate it.

There we have it. Orthostatic hypotension. Sudden low blood pressure due to standing up.

See a doctor, but in the mean time, don't worry too much about it, it seems perfectly normal.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Vasovagal syncope is passing out due to overstimulation of the heart by "vagal" stimulation (stimulation of the vagus nerve, which slows heart rate: if it's overstimulated, heart rate drops too steep and you pass out).

It can be caused by many things, one of them being sudden exposure to extreme cold. Sticking your head in the fridge probably wouldn't do it, it was a stupid joke, but jumping in a tub of freezing water would...

There's other causes to vasovagal syncope though, but I don't think standing up abruptly is one of them. Standing upright for a long time, is a possible cause...

Cheers

ahh feed me knowledge.
Cocaine. Hell of a drug.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Darkkon
that's nothing... i teleport without even knowing it sometimes. sheesh.

I noticed in your sig that you own a spider... burn it. Those are have horrible capabilities.

you are have terrible english skills.

kthxbi
Page 1 of 2