I have recently bought a ibanez rg2550z and i love it. But as i mainly play metal/ hard rock i wanted to change my pick ups, atm i have dimarzio/ibz in the H-S-H formation. But i was thinking of getting dimarzio D activators in the neck and bridge and still deciding on the single pick up, but i wanted something with a higher output and wil lsound gd through a high gain amp (my engl half stack). So there is the situation, recommendations?
the d activators are gret pups. if u decide to get a single pup in the middle, use a bridge pup so u can keep it lower, thus getting it out of the way of ur pickin
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
yh my ec-1000 already has 81/60 in so i was thinking more passive pick ups plus i cant be arsed with all wiring and stuff, also i wouldnt want both guitars to sound the same.
If you want to go the passive pick-up route, DiMarzio X2Ns are great for high gain, as are the D-Activators. My friend has some X2Ns which are pretty wicked. I have a set of EMG 81s that I'm pretty happy with, there is definitely some buzzing (not horrible) though, so if that turns you off stick with the X2Ns.
cheers guys and recommendations for a middle pup? like something to blance the humbuckers i think thats wot the middle pick up does :S haha.
speak to courderoyEW on here, he makes custom pickups for a very good price. he will knock you up a set to your exact specs!
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
speak to courderoyEW on here, he makes custom pickups for a very good price. he will knock you up a set to your exact specs!

cheers man i'll check him out
Gonna need more information about the kind of tone you're after, and also what's wrong with it currently.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Gonna need more information about the kind of tone you're after, and also what's wrong with it currently.

The stock pick ups are good but not for me, they sound quite weak like nothing behind em really compared to my ec-1000 so i was looking for a more heavier metal tone but yet you can still here the notes if that makes sense. that y i was looking into dimarzio and seymour duncans.
Got a D-Activator in my bridge on my RG1570, love it. Also, got a Breed in the neck, which makes for a really nice contrast in tone, it's like two different guitars in one.
I'm going to change pickups on my Jackson DK2. Whats a good single coil neck and middle pickup to with the D-activator in the Bridge?
should also say i have a pair of bare knuckles in my guitar and they are awesome pickups...

i think courderoyEW does a discount for UGers too....
Thank you please.
but dont you have to take into account the type of wood your guitar is made of too? As that effects the sound my ibanez is basswood.