Page 1 of 2
So I saw the album artwork of Kanye West's new album...

Reminds me of one of Foo Fighters' album covers

So do you think original ideas for album covers are running dry?
No, both of those bands suck and are unoriginal in every thing they do.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Btw, Kanye West has a NEW album already? Man, now I know where all this crap music keeps coming from...
I'll take anal bum covers for 200 Trebeck.
Quote by GNiCk89
The other day my girlfriend called me a pedophile.

I said, "Damn, that's a big-ass word for an 8 year-old."
yea! Kanye doesn't even play guitar

Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by Sloane
I'll take anal bum covers for 200 Trebeck.

That's "An Album Cover" Sean
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
No
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
z0mg legal action inc.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."

Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Btw, Kanye West has a NEW album already? Man, now I know where all this crap music keeps coming from...

Grow up. If you'd be a little more open minded you'd maybe see some of his songs are written brilliantly.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Grow up. If you'd be a little more open minded you'd maybe see some of his songs are written brilliantly.

I am open-minded, if you'd know how many genres/bands there are in my collection you wouldn't be thinking otherwise...
When "Graduation" came out, it got rave reviews on some major music blogs, including Pitchfork Media... Considering their critical stance to commercial music, I was surprised to see that great review. So, I downloaded the album (try before you buy!), but I didn't like it at all.

It's got nothing to do with close-mindedness. I listened to the album, and I failed to find any musical brilliance in it... That's my opinion, and I jokingly stated my opinion in my post above. Sorry if it offended you, but my opinion is just as valid as yours.

Cheers
Quote by jymellis
rappers steal music,beats,and riffs. now artwork too, when will it end?

It's called sampling and it's perfectly legal and a perfectly viable method of music production.

Get some learn.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by ZeGuitarist
I am open-minded, if you'd know how many genres/bands there are in my collection you wouldn't be thinking otherwise...
When "Graduation" came out, it got rave reviews on some major music blogs, including Pitchfork Media... Considering their critical stance to commercial music, I was surprised to see that great review. So, I downloaded the album (try before you buy!), but I didn't like it at all.

It's got nothing to do with close-mindedness. I listened to the album, and I failed to find any musical brilliance in it... That's my opinion, and I jokingly stated my opinion in my post above. Sorry if it offended you, but my opinion is just as valid as yours.

Cheers

I happened to think Graduation was great, not impressed with his two latest singles though. I wasn't offended, but you should probably say 'I think his music is crap' rather than saying 'it IS crap.'
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by ZeGuitarist

I never intended to say his music was crap. As you can see, this is kind of a joking statement about Kanye bringing a new album out already, and I refer to the fact that I didn't like it, but I thougth it came off rather jokingly. I suppose it didn't
Quote by ZeGuitarist

You can make 20 of those songs in 2 days.
And then make a bunch of money from each of them.
Quote by nebiru
No, both of those bands suck and are unoriginal in every thing they do.

Exactly this.
S T R A W B E R R I E S
<333

sex

Strawberries
Quote by -February-Star-

It's called sampling and it's perfectly legal and a perfectly viable method of music production.

Get some learn.

i use sampling in the **** i make douchebag. theres a difference between a sample and stealing a whole drum beat or an entire riff. i.e. junk as rap song out a while back using zeppelin. junk rap song a while back using crazy train. a sample is supposed to be a small portion, not the entire rhythm note for note. write your own music and go "get your own learn", what that means i dont know. im not down with tha gangsta talk like you mr. rap superstar.
Quote by jymellis
i use sampling in the **** i make douchebag. theres a difference between a sample and stealing a whole drum beat or an entire riff. i.e. junk as rap song out a while back using zeppelin. junk rap song a while back using crazy train. a sample is supposed to be a small portion, not the entire rhythm note for note. write your own music and go "get your own learn", what that means i dont know. im not down with tha gangsta talk like you mr. rap superstar.

Firstly, shut up.
Secondly, sampling is sampling. Drum beats are copyrighted now are they? News to me. You don't like rap, I get it. Don't bash it just because you don't understand it. You shouldn't feel threatened because someone plays around with a song you like, they mean no disrespect. An artist must like a song or respects it enough to sample it and use it in their own works.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by jymellis

Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Quote by jymellis

Oh, sweet irony.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Firstly, shut up.
Secondly, sampling is sampling. Drum beats are copyrighted now are they? News to me. You don't like rap, I get it. Don't bash it just because you don't understand it. You shouldn't feel threatened because someone plays around with a song you like, they mean no disrespect. An artist must like a song or respects it enough to sample it and use it in their own works.

i dont like either song i mentioned. i also understand rap and listen to some of it. prolly not much you have heard. copyrighted or not, COME UP WITH YOUR OWN STUFF!
Quote by jymellis
i use sampling in the **** i make douchebag.

Quote by jymellis
i dont like either song i mentioned. i also understand rap and listen to some of it. prolly not much you have heard. copyrighted or not, COME UP WITH YOUR OWN STUFF!

I'm here all night
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I'm here all night

i didnt say i sample music. i sample sounds using a digital recorder. not music someone else already arranged. i sample say a rock hitting aluminum siding. there are many ways to sample that dont require the stealing of someone elses rhythm. good thing your here all night cuz you have alot to learn.
TS, there seems to be a troll in your thread.

And to your question, no.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by jymellis
i didnt say i sample music. i sample sounds using a digital recorder. not music someone else already arranged. i sample say a rock hitting aluminum siding. there are many ways to sample that dont require the stealing of someone elses rhythm. good thing your here all night cuz you have alot to learn.

Using parts someone else's music in your song legally, giving credit where it's due is sampling.

Using someone else's music claiming it's yours without permission is plagiarism.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Using parts someone else's music in your song legally, giving credit where it's due is sampling.

Using someone else's music claiming it's yours without permission is plagiarism.

and your point would be?
Quote by jymellis

that is not sampling, that is recording.

you do have the right to not like that kind of music, but if you put your argument in good english people are more likely to listen to your point of view.

also, try and keep the thread on topic or it will be closed. if you want to argue with someone about the merits of rap, use profiles or PMs
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Alright, cut the crap kids... If this turns into a flamefest, the thread might well be closed. You're way off topic, too.
Quote by jymellis
and your point would be?

That you're an idiot and don't have a clue what you're talking about?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Page 1 of 2