K so to be brief, I bought a VM jazz fretless, and from what I hear people don't think they are very good, and I personally realized I suck ass at fretless, so I'm going to go exchange it in about an hour. My question is the VM fretless better than the MIM jazz? OR actually, basically out of the three options what should I get. (I play mostly funk, rock, and some jazz)

A) Squier VM Jazz
B) Squier VM Jazz fretless
C) Fender MIM Jazz
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
fender obviously is the best of the choices, although probably most expensive

failing that, go for the squier.

then if neccessary (although you do admit you suck at fretless bass) go for the squier fretless
it's a great bass. the VM fretted is better IMO than the fretless, go with that.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
But go with the Fender or the Squier VM?
My Youtube Vids

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

equal quality IMO

if the name Fender is worth 200 extra bucks to you, get the Fender. if not, get the VM.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Depends....

Fender - Alder Body, Rosewood Fingerboard. Warmer sound.
Squier - Maple Body, Maple fingerboard. Brighter sound.

I would go with the Fender.
Okay, so you play rock. Fretless is out of favor for that, unless it's prog rock.

With funk, you pretty much NEED a fretted, and one that likes to be slapped, at that. The VM jazz probably has one of the best slap tones out of anything I've played. The only thing that really beat it for me was a Stringray.

With jazz, the fretless would be nice, but fretted will do well regardless.

I do not recommend ANY Fender Standard bass or guitar. They just aren't up to spec. CIJs and MIAs are the only real Fenders.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
I say the Fender, though either fretted bass would be fine. The fretless Squier basses just don't feel right.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Ivanator
Okay, so you play rock. Fretless is out of favor for that, unless it's prog rock.

With funk, you pretty much NEED a fretted, and one that likes to be slapped, at that. The VM jazz probably has one of the best slap tones out of anything I've played. The only thing that really beat it for me was a Stringray.

With jazz, the fretless would be nice, but fretted will do well regardless.

I do not recommend ANY Fender Standard bass or guitar. They just aren't up to spec. CIJs and MIAs are the only real Fenders.

You dont "NEED" any specific type of bass for any genre. Just because they may not be used as much, doesn tmean you absolutely can't use it.

Not all funk=slap
Fingerstyle funk sounds damn awesome on fretless basses

Maybe you should stick with the fretless, unless you are completely adomant on getting rid of it. Getting used to playing fretles takes a while but it's definitely worth it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
Fender MIM Jazz > the other two. Period!

Especially considering that the MIM might actually go for cheaper used than the Squier does new.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
lol thanks guys, I went and got the mim fender jazz. It plays like a dream and the funk sounds wiiiicked so I'm happy. Off to learn some jamiroquai tunes D
My Youtube Vids