that if we post an original song on here
it wont be stolen? ive got a bunch of demos id like feedback on but people always tell me to keep them off the internet
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
Death metal (sounds amazing through bass amp)
ibanez weeping demon
we wont steal it if its **** :P

but srsly even ug'ers have a bit of respect for music
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic
Get it copyrighted first. Then you're legally protected.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
There have been plenty of threads about this. Basically burn a CD of your music and post it to yourself, that gives a timestamp and proof that the song is yours and when it was recorded.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
so if i have the original recordings, like all the tracks, and the date created on the information for the file, im okay?
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by ravioli123
There have been plenty of threads about this. Basically burn a CD of your music and post it to yourself, that gives a timestamp and proof that the song is yours and when it was recorded.

And when you get it back through the mail don't open it - cos its the date on the sealed envelope that is the proof
Quote by ravioli123

that doesn't hold up in court. Get a real copyright, it's not that expensive.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
that doesn't hold up in court. Get a real copyright, it's not that expensive.

It will hold up in court, as long as it is unopened and undamaged it will hold up as sufficient evidence.
It doesn't really matter anyway, in most of these cases it never needs to go to court, a simple cease and desist letter does the trick.
If you plan on making quite a bit of money from your music, then spend the money to get a copyright, but if you only want to show off work in progress then mailing yourself the CD will be sufficient.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by ravioli123
It will hold up in court, as long as it is unopened and undamaged it will hold up as sufficient evidence..

No it won't there are actually several precedents for this. It's way too easy to fake.

Last.fm
so i just put it in an envelope with a timestamp and put my address on the front both return and sending ?
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by donwuzhere69
so i just put it in an envelope with a timestamp and put my address on the front both return and sending ?

no, register your copyright properly with your country's copyright office.

Last.fm
ive wondered the same thing, really it doesnt matter. its a risk you have to take, if someone really wants to try that hard, i doubt he could get away with it, seeing as the orginating thread that you posted the song with would be exsistant before the person would have said its theirs.
you dont need a copyright and quite frankly its a waste of tax payers money. they pay for the people to process it and store it....etc.
Technically, it's copyrighted the minute you record it. (So I read in a book...Dunno how much truth there is to that)
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Yes, that's true. The only real trick is proving it. Mailing to yourself - registered or otherwise - is *okay* but far from idiot proof, as it *can* be tampered with.

Register your songs with different agencies - SOCAN, ASCAP, BMI, CMRRA, Harry Fox, etc. - whichever applies to your country. That's one start to a good paper trail.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.