is there is a tube combo amp that gives the rich tube amp sound? do not say "yes" and not mention the name plz
Last edited by Rashdan at Dec 10, 2008,
dude, there's a TON. you NEED to clarify these things:

your max budget, the tone your after (usually helps if you choose a band's tone that is like what you want), what it'll be used for (practice, jamming and practice, gigging, etc.)

without any of that info, this thread is pointless. this should have been stated in the sticky. otherwise, don't be pissed when a ton of UGers are sarcastic to you or appear to be bitchy.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Poor fella.

Yes, you can get a nice tube ampr for $ 200 bucks, cheap, look up the Crate V18 212. I own one and for the price would recommend it to anyone.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
i play metal, like metallica , bfmv , ect...., max budget is about 400$, want to use it for practicing and gamming
alright, well that's not a super great budget obviously, but what are you using right now? i wouldn't suggest going tube at that price, b/c w/o an OD pedal you won't even hit heavy metal tones in the tube amps at that range. i suggest a Randall of some sort, Roland Cube or peavey vypyr maybe. but till you tell me what you've got now, not sure what to go off of. if the amp you're using right now isn't complete garbage for practice/jamming, then i'd wait till you get at LEAST $500 or a tad more so you can get a good amp for your money.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
gamming?

Peavey should do it.

No personal experience myself, but as far as i know, it has enough gain for Metallica etc.

Also, an od pedal would help.
jamming********************
i think i will wait until i got enough money to but a half stack, thx all
good tube half stacks start around the $1000 mark.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Rashdan
jamming********************
i think i will wait until i got enough money to but a half stack, thx all

since when did you need a halfstack to gam with friends?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Make sure you get a Marshall MG100hdfx full stack

^ yeah, its crushing overdrive and slammin' tone will swipe you off your feet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well, the crate is a damn good tube amp but this guy plays metal. For 200 dollars the answer is no. Theres not a great high gain tube amp for 200 bucks. Some people will say buy a valve jr and boost it but I don't like that either. Need to save up more money or get yourself a solid state or hybrid amp. Which has tubes in the preamp and a solid state power amp. If you are using this for your bedroom you will likely be satisfied with solid state for low volume practice over a high gain tube amp anyway. I use a 200 dollar peavey envoy for practice and love it. The modern channel sounds a lot like my high gain tube head.. peavey 6505. But for low volume. But I wouldn't want to be using my 6505 for practice at 2 in the morning. IT's just to loud.