I think i have a basic understanding but could some one give me some more light on this smubject...
what is a wah wah and what does it do?
Quote by Kevin Saale
"Speak at length about that which you do know, speak little about that which you don't"
... thats why i don't seem to say much

Quote by 5150rando
keep up the good work guys! eddie blows everyone away with his skills and he had a hot wife!
...all you could ever want
are you talking about how the sound is manipulated and the technical jargon? if so, someone's bound to stumble across this i guess...

oh and it's, "you can have ANYTHING you want, but you better not take it from me"

sorry...AFD was my first CD i ever owned, and for a couple months was the ONLY one i had, so i know it like the back of my hand haha.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
a wah wah pedal changes the equalization of your guitar signal. you rock it back and forth and it adds more bass, and then more treble, which provides a "wah wah" sound. is that what your looking for?
A good example of a wah pedal would a lot of METALLICA's recent solos, the one that is probably the most easy to notice would the solo from "Unforgiven III" from Death Magnetic.
A wah is a sliding bandpass filter. Heel down it passes low frequencies. Toe down it passes and boosts high frequencies. Your vocal cavity acts as a bandpass filter as well. That's why wah and envelope filter effects can mimic vowel sounds.
It affects mainly the middle frequencies, give it that vocal quality. Heeldown it's boosting low mids and by the time you've rocked it forward it's boosted the mids all the way to the high mids.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by SadClown12
Im pretty sure the basic Dunlop Cry Baby switches the clean channel to overdrive

No, just no.

"Speak at length about that which you do know, speak little about that which you don't"
Quote by Kevin Saale

Good little saying there, never heard that one.

TS, two very famous wah songs are Voodoo Chile (Jimi Hendrix) and White Room (Cream). Go listen to those songs for examples of what they sound like. For Voodoo Chile, its right in the intro, and in White Room its in one (maybe both) solos.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
Good little saying there, never heard that one.

TS, two very famous wah songs are Voodoo Chile (Jimi Hendrix) and White Room (Cream). Go listen to those songs for examples of what they sound like. For Voodoo Chile, its right in the intro, and in White Room its in one (maybe both) solos.

Sarcasm?

I don't know who said it, but it definitely applies to that guy.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Sarcasm?

I don't know who said it, but it definitely applies to that guy.

I was trying to be nice...
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
thanks
Quote by Kevin Saale
... thats why i don't seem to say much

Quote by 5150rando
keep up the good work guys! eddie blows everyone away with his skills and he had a hot wife!
...all you could ever want