So, my Epi SG's frets are a freakin mess. It's all gunked up, and both disgusting to play, and disgusting to think what horrors I'm puttting my poor guitar through.

I went to get some fret cleaner and the guy gave my Dunlop Formula No. 65, Guitar Polish & Cleaner? Will it clear the shit off of my fretboard, or is it used only to shine up the body?

Thanks
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
first use a toothbrush to clean up the fret board and get rid of any loose gunk, if needed a slightly abrasive cloth to really get in there if its that bad

then use the lemon oil on all the frets, let it sit a bit, then with a soft cloth wipe all the frets down individually so there is no excess oil. Let it sit a bit, re-string, and voila!

I do my fret board everytime I change strings to not allow a build up, also washing your hands before playing makes a big difference

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
If its a rosewood fingerboard (only rosewood!!) use lemon oil.
The dunlop polish might ruin your fingerboard.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Yeah, it's a rosewood fretboard. So is the Dunlop Formula No. 65 really not a good idea? Do you guys recommend that I get GHS fast fret instead? Or should I get the Dunlop Fretboard 65 Ultimate Lemon Oil?
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Sorry for stealing your thread but..

I have some kind of smudgy **** on my 12th fret. How do I get rid of it without doing any damage?

Regular maple neck.