A guitar that sounds nice, and would be great for fingerstyle guitar. I am really into Antoine Dufour, and Andy Mckee, Tommy Emmanuel ect..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4 <---- style of play

I do alot of slapping on the body, and hitting harmonics with my right hand while like tapping with my left ect. Anyway I need to find a nice guitar, I have been looking around everywhere, and I finally decided to ask the experts on here. My price range is up to £300.00, any help would be great, thanks guys!
If you could save up another hundred pounds, you could afford a Taylor 114 Grand Auditorium. It is a truly amazing guitar for the price, and would be perfect Andy Mckee material. It looks like he uses a nicer Taylor Grand Auditorium. The only difference would be the wood on the backs and sides, and some of the cosmetics. I would really think about it. You need a smaller body size and a solid would top is going to be necessary. The body size accentuates finger picking better and a solid wood top is going to allow slaps and notes to vibrate longer.
Quote by Stratopower
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/18514

What do you guys think of this guitar, it's an Alvarez RC8. Anyone own one or opinions on it? thanks!

Won't get you anywhere near the sound you're looking for. It's all-laminate for one thing, and for another, you have to take into account all the other **** in the signal chain when these songs are recorded. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that none of these guitars are dry.

Play a bunch of guitars until you find one that speaks to you.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
It's a dreadnought, so it isn't going to be anything like what you were looking for. It has electronics too which are pointless in a beginner acoustic. Again, its not what you say you are looking for.
Hmm... See if you can get an Epiphone Masterbilt. It's honestly one of the best guitars under $1000, if not the best, imo. Especially for fingerstyle. The strumming on it is... ok, but the sounds is makes when you fingerpick on that thing is just amazing. It's also all solid unlike a lot of other guitars around it's price range.

EDIT: If I don't end up picking up a Fender Highway One Telecaster this summer, I actually think I might go buy one of these. I'm honestly that tempted.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
There is an Epiphone fingerstyle guitar, but it is the same price as the Taylor. The Taylor is miles ahead for what you want to do. The epiphone is meant for blues fingerstyle whereas the Taylor is meant for a more contemporary sound like Mckee and Emannuel.
Hmm... Taylors just don't convince me. I've played a good number of them, ranging from the 100-600 series as well as the GS and GA series. Never found one that I can say I truly enjoyed. Apart from that, the 100 and 200 series guitars are quite expensive for laminate sides and back. They're good guitars(I can't deny that), but quite overpriced, in my opinion. Of course, that's what any guitar suggestion is. A suggestion. An opinion. So TS, make sure you take our suggestions with our bias' in mind.
Equipment:

While it's true that Epiphones are often associated with Blues and Country style music, it's never good to limit(yourself or) them in your mind by grouping them. It's like how deadnoughts are always grouped to be strumming guitars, but not fingerpicking guitars. Some of the most beautiful fingerpicking songs I've ever heard are played off of dreads.

Here's a REALLY funky song that uses a deadnought. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YE-GPXYeTA&feature=channel_page
Equipment:

See this song "Ashes in the sea" Antoine uses a Stonebridge Dreadnought, and it sounds very nice and rich.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QcanWkRbnwQ&feature=related

And for this song "Memories of the future" he uses a cut-away Stonebridge.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vRvRBQTqUKI&feature=related

Of course Stonebridge guitars are orgasmic but I don't have that kind of money. Im wondering if Cut away's cost more than a normal dreadnought, and does it affect the sound?
Ok, I managed to push my budget to £400.00, so the Taylor and Epiphone are on the list. So between the two, which is better in your opinion, or suggest me another guitar?! =]
Do you have a chance to try them out?
Equipment:

Stratpower, those aren't dreadnoughts. Those are smaller bodies like the Taylor 114.
Im swaying for the Taylor 114, I don't know anywhere near me though that sells Taylors =/ which is a bummer! I have bought guitars before and haven't played them and loved them, I guess I will just have to go with it. Unless I can find somewhere that sells them. tlt31 thanks, Im crap with Acoustic knowledge!
Your welcome. We were al crap with acoustic knowledge at one point. You just have to explore. As you explore and learn about different things, like body size, would, and other details, it becomes much easier to give informed advice, not just suggestions.