Yeah tom morello mixes a marshall head with a peavy cabinet. and we all know that sounds cool
Nope. It's not allowed. Due to recent increase in competition, amp makers have added a new "Self Destruct" feature to their products, to keep you from mixing amp heads and cabs. If you plug, say, a Marshall head into a Peavey cab, the two will not make any sound, then combust, explode, IMPLODE, then explode again.

They may even implode after the second explosion, depending on the brands you mix.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Nope. It's not allowed. Due to recent increase in competition, amp makers have added a new "Self Destruct" feature to their products, to keep you from mixing amp heads and cabs. If you plug, say, a Marshall head into a Peavey cab, the two will not make any sound, then combust, explode, IMPLODE, then explode again.

They may even implode after the second explosion, depending on the brands you mix.

WTF? Yhea, I got My Marshall with a Peavey Cab! Ive been with it for 3 years!

...no exploding...
Quote by SadClown12
WTF? Yhea, I got My Marshall with a Peavey Cab! Ive been with it for 3 years!

...no exploding...

He's not joking..

My brother died last summer when I went on vacation and he decided to try his Mesa cab out with my ValveKing...
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
yhea, im NOT joking, it wont explode, the companies would get sued so fast and they would stop making them explode if they did!
It is also worth noting that you have to match the Head's output impedance to that of the cab, but that's related to the speakers rather than the brand name of the cabinet.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.