So, after recording a clip to show off my new amp, I realized how much I suck.

Like, I can play fast, and I could probably learn pretty much any song (not shred) pretty quickly, except I've noticed that I play really out of time, and I am not as accurate as I'd like to be, I screw up at least once every time I play a solo.

So listen to the clip in my profile and tell me what you think?

When I was thinking about how to overhaul my playing, I figured I'd just start learning new scales with a metronome, but the thing is, I did that for the pentatonic, and I can play it very quickly, cleanly, and in time, so I'm not sure if that's the answer?

feedback please
: )
Quote by Orbit91
You're not that bad.

Yes I know, I was over exagerating in my post, but I would obviously like to be a lot better, because what's the point in being able to play quickly, if I can't even play simple stuff in time and without mistakes.
Quote by tona_107
I can play fast, and I could probably learn pretty much any song (not shred) pretty quickly, except I've noticed that I play really out of time, and I am not as accurate as I'd like to be, I screw up at least once every time I play a solo.:
You are the opposite of me. I can't play very fast but I have perfect timing and I never go out of tempo. And I never used a metronome

But you are not bad. Just practice slow.
Quote by qwertyuiop8642
on santeria you wanna be playing offbeat upstrokes

You really don't want to say "offbeat". That would imply playing off the rhythm. He should be playing every other beat. In most reggae (and ska), the rhythm is played on beats 2 and 4
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Use a metronome if you believe you're playing out of time. Use a metronome and learn to sub-divide the notes and beats.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Warheart1188
You really don't want to say "offbeat". That would imply playing off the rhythm. He should be playing every other beat. In most reggae (and ska), the rhythm is played on beats 2 and 4

haha I never really learned that song how it was supposed to be played I just play it how it sounds good to me without a bassist accompanyment etc.
I was talking more about the solo, or my playing in general.
Last edited by tona_107 at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by edg
It doesn't matter what you play. If you want your timing to get better, make a habit
of turning on the metronome. Drum machine is OK too (not quite as good). Practicing
with nothing all the time = bad timing.

hmm thanks a lot man, I was just saying that you guys would probably have gotten a better idea of what i was talking about if i uploaded myself playing the general or plug in baby, you know more like that kind of song.
Last edited by tona_107 at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by Poglia
You are the opposite of me. I can't play very fast but I have perfect timing and I never go out of tempo. And I never used a metronome

But you are not bad. Just practice slow.

Im exactly the same.
TS, Use a metronome, it'll help.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.