Here

An actor portraying a suicide bid accidentally slashed his own throat on-stage following a prop mix-up. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Actor In Neck Slash Stage Horror Daniel Hoevels, 30, collapsed with blood pouring from his neck after using a real blade instead of the blunt stage knife.

He was taken to hospital after the dramatic scene at Vienna's Burgtheater in Austria.

The audience had been in raptures, unaware the actor was facing his own demise for real.

But when he failed to greet their applause for the show's spectacular special effects with a bow they separated fact from fiction.

Police are now investigating whether the mix-up was murderous.

Officers have refused to rule out the possibility that a jealous rival may have switched the blades.

The knife had been bought at a local store and police are asking if props staff forgot to blunt the blade for the performance of Friedrich Schiller's play Mary Stuart, about Mary Queen of Scots.

"The knife even still had the price tag on it," said a police investigator.

The theatre's props manager has been quizzed by police about the weapon, Austrian daily Osterreich reported.

The actor recovered after emergency treatment and even appeared on stage the next night with a bandage around his neck.

"If Hoevels had hit an artery or cut only slightly deeper, he would have died on stage," a doctor said.

Murder or Accident?
Are You Shpongled..?
Murder!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Damn that sucks! I can imagine the crowd clapping as this dude is dying onstage and they have no idea.

Murder BTW
Failed suicide attempt
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Murder easily, unless him or the stage crew are incredibly idiotic
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Accident methinks, it's way too TV Drama if it was a murder.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
This is like Tommy Cooper

but not as sad a story

hope he pulls through OK though
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Murder i think, no way stage crew would put a real kinfe there by accident unless thier really quite stupid
Quote by Thepoison92
We're not the effing police.

But... Then... WHAT ARE YOU??????????!!!!

:stickpoke
Are You Shpongled..?
Any Brits remember this happening in Jonathan Creek? Clearly they need to get Alan Davies to solve this one...
horrible either way. i remember when this happened to brandon lee while filming "the crow" but with actual bullets in a gun. hope he pulls through.
Shurely he would have noticed he was actually cutting himself
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
Shurely he would have noticed he was actually cutting himself

Not if he did it quickly.
Wtf? Only an idiot would have failed to realise the blade was sharp enough to cut his throat.
i think ot was a suicide bid!

and talking about dying on stage, tommy cooper already done it. so it's old news now lol
Quote by Vauxite
Accident methinks, it's way too TV Drama if it was a murder.

I was thinking that, it's just so ITV. I could see this happening in Midsomer Murders.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Omgadz!!!!
It Wus Murder Jst Lak Kurt Cobainz !
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Too much MCR methinks.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
It was probably the best acting he did in his life.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
sounds like Agent 47 had a hand in this......
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Sounds like the Oz finale where Beecher stabs Schillinger with the real knife instead of a prop that Keller switched without them knowing.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
**** it's like that episode in oz. where beecher kills schinger or w/e. i forgot, it's been a while.

edit:nvm i was 1 post too late.
Last edited by MetalMusicianAl at Dec 10, 2008,
Accidents like these have happened and can continue to happen. I doubt it was murder.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic