Well I need a new amp, and my budget is £200.
I play Grunge, Metal, Rock and Blues.
Bands such as Nirvana, Guns and Roses, Metallica, Pink Floyd, lots more, and some just random blues improv.
Soooo, i need some suggestions please!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Vox Valvetronix series/Roland Cube series/Peavey Vypyr series. Try them out and see which suits you best, they all seem to be recommended quite often around here, and are right up your price alley.

Since they're modeling amps they have a fair bit of versatility, though the Valvetronix I hear is more suited towards clean tones, while the Cube/Vypyr series work better for high gain.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, though, as I am inexperienced and have likely mistaken something here. Would someone with a bit more expertise mind commenting?
the new range of vox valvetronix amps look cool. they are the VT series, not the AD ones. although a second hand AD series vox will be nice and cheap... i've used the 15, 30 and 50 watt AD amps and loved them in the past
I would recommend a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube. Do you gig or are you looking for a practice amp?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I do need an amp for small gigs and playing with a band of another guitarist and a drummer.
Tim.

The Crate V-series will do the blues well, and should give you the volume you need...but you will need a stompbox to get the rock and metal sounds you are looking for. Most of the models are going for around $200 USD now.
Quote by Romanne
Vox Valvetronix series/Roland Cube series/Peavey Vypyr series. Try them out and see which suits you best, they all seem to be recommended quite often around here, and are right up your price alley.

Since they're modeling amps they have a fair bit of versatility, though the Valvetronix I hear is more suited towards clean tones, while the Cube/Vypyr series work better for high gain.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, though, as I am inexperienced and have likely mistaken something here. Would someone with a bit more expertise mind commenting?

sounds good to me (i haven't tried the vypyr yet, but hear good things).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Romanne

I don't like cubes, I think they're too muffled. IMO, Vypyrs are much more open. I think I haven't ever used a Vox Valvetronix.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've played all of those and my opinion is if you are gigging and want to do metallica stuff too - then save up.

A used 50w Valvetronix might get it done.

The more I play the Vypyr the less impressed I am.

Not sure if the Crates are still availalbe but that might work too with some pedals.

Do the places you gig at use mikes and PAs?
Peavey Vyrpr would be good from what I've heard.

However, any chance of saving up another £80? That would get you a Peavey Valveking 112, which would cover all of the genres you mentioned and is good for gigging - it's very, very loud.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've played all of those and my opinion is if you are gigging and want to do metallica stuff too - then save up.

A used 50w Valvetronix might get it done.

The more I play the Vypyr the less impressed I am.

Not sure if the Crates are still availalbe but that might work too with some pedals.

Do the places you gig at use mikes and PAs?

No PA's.
Tim.