im new to this guitar thingy >.<
so umm so far i've been learning some cords..
so far i know C G Am and F(where u press e b g and d)
im trying to learn D as well =)

anyway i've tried looking at chords but i dont seem to understand.
they don't put any plucking instructions or strumming methods.
so can anyone tell me how i can get to play these songs?

i checked thru a few songs as well as the beginner program and i found this easy song by daughtry- what about now..
but i dont know what strings to play/pluck/strum!!

i also checked out taylor swift's our song.it seemed like a simple song but umm again theres no strumming instructions..

the daughtry tab is ->
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/daughtry/what_about_now_ver4_crd.htm

also i got a tuner its KORG GA-30.
it seems that it gives me a different result everyday :/
like this afternoon i tuned it so all the strings would point to the middle (green light) then tonight i tried again they were off!
is there something wrong with my guitar or is it the tuner?
also for the 2nd string (2b), the tuner seem to keep on jumping between 2b and 7b..is that alright?

oh and for those who remember my last thread, i got a classical guitar now thanks all =)

and another last question,one of my guitar tuning bits broke off :/ can i get another tuning bit or do i have to change the whole head?? >.< i found something to move the iron bit anyway soo..yea

thanks all again

and it would be nice if you guys could recommend more easy songs to play >.<
oh and i dont have a capo soo..yea.. >.<
Last edited by tidii at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by tidii

i checked thru a few songs as well as the beginner program and i found this easy song by Daughtry- what about now..

fixed.
i think they base the chords off the lyrics, so during the song when you hit the chords during those words, you will probably have to listen to the song a couple times beofre you get exactly where to hit it though.

Edit: okay i'm pretty sure I read your question wrong...
on my computer when you hold the mouse over the chords a diagram pops up to show you what strings you need to hold and where. You can also click the "Show chord daigrams" check box at the top and it will show all the fingerings at the top of the page.
Last edited by Stir-Fry at Dec 10, 2008,
try changing the battery in your tuner, that may be the problem

and learning D chord? i found that the easiest to learn, and also the F barre chord is easier than the 'other way' (it's just an E, but one fret up and use your index finger to bar all strings on first fret)

and as for easy songs
>american idiot (green day)
>wish you were here (pink floyd)
>highway to hell (AC/DC)
haha sorry >.<
i listened to the song but i cant seem to find out how to strum..and the starting is plucking i think..
Am plucking..

also when i strum i strum all the strings right?

also E A D G B e is 654321 right?
with E being the highest and thickest string when playing
and e being the lowest and thinest string when playing?

because in some tabs i see on UG the list EADGBe as 123456

which is confusing..
Last edited by tidii at Dec 10, 2008,
No, different chords would have you strum different notes.

Look on the chord diagram and strum the strings where your fingers are, and where there is a "O" on the top. Where there is an "X" - do not strum those strings.

So look at your D Chord chart and it should just be the four top strings (or bottom strings, looking at the guitar).
and learning D chord? i found that the easiest to learn, and also the F barre chord is easier than the 'other way' (it's just an E, but one fret up and use your index finger to bar all strings on first fret)

dont understand you >.<
i'll try changing the battery tml its 4am here haha

0 = strum
X = dont strum?

that way for C i only strum 5 strings then?

on the chord diagram D is D

e ---|-x-|---|---|---|
B ---|---|-x-|---|---|
G ---|-x-|---|---|---|
D ---|---|---|---|---|
A ---|---|---|---|---|
E ---|---|---|---|---|

but on the tab is says xx0232 ??
which one do i follow

what is C/B btw and how do i press it?
it says x2x010 on the tab how do i not strum the 4th string??!!??
Both of the diagrams for the D chord are right, they are just different formats. In the first format the x represents where to put your fingers, in the second the x represents what strings are not played. As for your tuner, it probably can't hear the note very well (nylon strings?) Try setting it closer to your guitar, and aiming the soundhole at the mic.
ahh okay i see..
yea nylon strings..
anyway also for the C chord i see an X in the chord diagram.what does the x mean?
Im pretty sure i know whats wrong,
when you tune the guitar, it changes the tension on the neck, so it's actually out of tune, generally
And to fiz that you need to tune it once, (changing the tension on the neck) and then once more (to get it right).

that should help
strings get out of tune very fast when they are new.
D is usually only played on the 4 thinest strings:
e 2
B 3
G 2
D 0
A X
E X

about the strumming pattern, this is kind of tricky especially in the beginning since your ear is not trained to pick things up. you can try different strumming patterns and see what sounds good. the song does not always need to be exactly the same. or you could download powertab (its free) and ofter you can see some sort of strumming pattern (however you still need to see for yourself about the up and down strumming)
but i recommend trying different strumming patterns and see which one you like.