Hi UG,
This is my 1994 Epiphone Explorer. I love it with pretty much all my heart but I've never known what model it is. The year manufactured was obtained using the Serial Number at the back.

Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Last edited by Simonwalker at Dec 10, 2008,
ephiphone is owned by Gibson - alot of their models resemble existing gibson models...a way of owning a gibson without the gibson - ya know? kinda like acura and honda

everything i found on the internet called this an ephiphone explorer 'goth'.

This was taken directly from Ephiphone's history:

"1986 - Henry Juszkiewicz, David Berryman and Gary Zebrowski acquire Epiphone and Gibson. The Epi line is soon expanded to include traditional models like the Sheraton, Emperor and Howard Roberts, along with Epi versions of Gibson classics like the Les Paul, Flying V and Explorer."

http://www.epiphone.com/history.asp

hope this helps man - good looking classic axe by the way
It's an explorer, but it's not the goth. The Goth has a fixed bridge and a set neck. I've never seen that guitar before
shoot epiphone an email with the serial and details if they respond i'm sure they will be helpful. i did this with my yamaha bass asking for specs cause i already had the model # but they couldn't find the exact model cause it was discontinued or something
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
i can't really help you with what model it is, its possibly discontinued and rare
what i would like to say is that is a very sexy ax lol
I remember seeing Explorers like that one back in the 90's. If I remember correctly it was just called an Explorer. At the time I don't think they were making the set neck model of the Explorer. I believe it's sligtly smaller than the current Explorers Epiphone makes. The ones I saw didn't have the zebra pickups. Did you change them?
I did not change the pickups but then again I bought it used, I would've been 4 if I was buying it when it was made....
As for
ephiphone is owned by Gibson - alot of their models resemble existing gibson models...a way of owning a gibson without the gibson - ya know? kinda like acura and honda

"1986 - Henry Juszkiewicz, David Berryman and Gary Zebrowski acquire Epiphone and Gibson. The Epi line is soon expanded to include traditional models like the Sheraton, Emperor and Howard Roberts, along with Epi versions of Gibson classics like the Les Paul, Flying V and Explorer."

Ofcourse I checked google!!! Now this is not a goth because it's smaller than your usual Explorer. Also the position of the Pickup selector is different. Additionaly mine has no pickguard.

i can't really help you with what model it is, its possibly discontinued and rare
what i would like to say is that is a very sexy ax lol

Thanks I love this guitar.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
is that a floyd rose?!?! or just a strat trem? because if its a floyd id say uve got a pretty rare epi on ur hands.(how much to take it off ur hands?)
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
is that a floyd rose?!?! or just a strat trem? because if its a floyd id say uve got a pretty rare epi on ur hands.(how much to take it off ur hands?)

It's a licensed Floyd. I just don't have it floating atm. And sorry not selling this guitar, I love it.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
thats ****ing sweet! ive only seen like 2 epi with floyds! and the string ends go through the sustain block? never seen a floyd with that b4!

EDIT: can we get a pic of the floyd?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I also happen to have a rare Epiphone Strat lol.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Last edited by Simonwalker at Dec 10, 2008,
So here are photos of the Floyd Rose. Although having some tunning issues at the moment. With 2 springs it's floating but gets out of tune wayyyy too fast, with 3 springs it isn't floating....

Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
bump
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
i have that same exact guitar, i've been looking around for what this guitar is because i really wanna sell it. I bought mine off of ebay. how much do u think its worth?
btw i called gibson and identified it as a 1993 explorer. its just called explorer not epiphone explorer.
Quote by .:st.anger:.

it is nt a goth model if it were it would say Xii on the twelfth fret
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by balmung100
i have that same exact guitar, i've been looking around for what this guitar is because i really wanna sell it. I bought mine off of ebay. how much do u think its worth?

instead of bumping up dead threads why don't you go and create your own thread?
that looks an awful lot like a cort. and there are vinyl headstock stickers you can put on guitars like that. you might want to be 100% its an epi.
Quote by diceksox1809
that looks an awful lot like a cort. and there are vinyl headstock stickers you can put on guitars like that. you might want to be 100% its an epi.

you might not want to reply to threads from last year
Quote by Simonwalker
I did not change the pickups but then again I bought it used...

I bought mine new and it came with the zebra pickups.

I've recently been looking for info on this guitar and just stumbled on this thread. I had no idea it'd be this difficult. I haven't picked it up in years, I wonder if it's worth much?

As for the Tremelo; The Floyd Says "MFG Floyd Rose Patents" on it. Searching google pulls up very little on this particular trem, and every music shop I've taken it into has said "Ooh, I've never seen one like that before!"

The only tremelo I've seen that even looks remotely similar is on a Red Westone Spectrum wich is on ebay right now.
Quote by Snatchy
I bought mine new and it came with the zebra pickups.

I've recently been looking for info on this guitar and just stumbled on this thread. I had no idea it'd be this difficult. I haven't picked it up in years, I wonder if it's worth much?

As for the Tremelo; The Floyd Says "MFG Floyd Rose Patents" on it. Searching google pulls up very little on this particular trem, and every music shop I've taken it into has said "Ooh, I've never seen one like that before!"

The only tremelo I've seen that even looks remotely similar is on a Red Westone Spectrum wich is on ebay right now.

The bridge is called a "Bendmaster FT" and they were made by Matsumoku.

They are not totally common for epiphones but also not exactly rare. They wound up on the s500, s600, s800 and s900 strats mostly.

The zebra pickups are also stock for the Epiphone Explorers and Vs of that era (late 80s to mid 90s).

As far as value goes... not much, these are probably the least wanted epiphones second only to the s310 strats. Some of them even look like they had plywood bodies depending on the year. There is a reason no one seems to know anything about them and have never seen them before.
I bought one of these guitars too I'm nearly sure it was in 1994 or there abouts. It is a beautiful instrument, the body is somewhat smaller than that of the standard explorer models but retains every bit of the crunchy epiphone sound. The Bridge system is a floyd rose, and in the 16 years I been playing it, has never let me down. Only had to reset the bridge system once and that was when I replaced the lock nuts just because the grooves had become worn down from the anellkey. I think I paid around the 300 Irish pounds for it back then and it was worth every penny and more. It is indeed a rare instrument and anyone who is lucky enough to own one I'm sure knows what a sexy instrument it is.
Hey guys! i just read this. I have the same guitar. I bought it used in 1999, and the bill says, EPIPHONE EXPLORER GT. I've checked the serial number and it was made by Samick Factory in Korea in 1996.
I hope the data still useful cause we are in 2017.... hahahha

I love this guitar, it was my first electric guitar and never let me down. By the way, my name is Agustin and i'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina!
Quote by agudurante
Hey guys! i just read this. I have the same guitar. I bought it used in 1999, and the bill says, EPIPHONE EXPLORER GT. I've checked the serial number and it was made by Samick Factory in Korea in 1996.
I hope the data still useful cause we are in 2017.... hahahha

I love this guitar, it was my first electric guitar and never let me down. By the way, my name is Agustin and i'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Please make a new thread and dont bump old ones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.