hi guys, i was just wondering what i could expect to pay for wood to build a telecaster, this will be my first build so i dont really know about the prices of stuff yet

i want to do an northern ash body, or i was thinking flamed maple body, with a maple neck

any info you guys have would be great, or if by any chance have some wood for sale that would be great too

thanks
A maple body would be incredibly bright. Maybe a maple top would work, but for your first build it's awfully ambitious.

Go to a local lumber yard for good prices on wood.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by minibrowny
An entire body made out of flame maple will weigh a tonne. Just do a 1\4 inch top with an ash body.

yep.
If price is that big of an issue, you may want to try poplar. It is cheap, easy to work with, and sounds like alder.

The first guitar I built was out of poplar (body not neck) and it sounds good and has held up so far.

Just an option I'm troughing out there.
Quote by minibrowny
An entire body made out of flame maple will weigh a tonne. Just do a 1\4 inch top with an ash body.

I'm in the middle of building an all-maple telecaster right now, and it's not that bad. Sure, it's heavy, but it's certainly not unbearable - and with a strap it would be fine.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
im thinking of an ash body and maple neck, i would just like to know how much i could expect to pay, price isnt a concern, im just trying to get an idea of how much the project will cost
Quote by LP Addict
one piece sapele body you say?

i sell the blanks!

and how much could i expect to pay
^$60. check his sig.

lumber yards FTW!!!! dirt cheap.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking