Just went there this afternoon, needless to say I was disappointed. Am I the only one that finds it incredibly small? I remember in Paris there's a whole freakin district (Pigalle) full of music and guitar shops.
Well I wouldn't say crap, or incredibly small. It's like 5 or 6 little shops, it's a nice place.

It is over rated though
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
D'aawwwwh. They're mostly nice guys and the prices aren't too bad. If you don't mess them about they're really good, and they have **** loads and they'll order it in if they don't. I like it.
Never been, sadly. I want to go though.

EDIT: 5 or 6 shops in one street? That's more than Newcastle, screw you, TS.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
i was there on monday, it did seem quite small but i definitely wouldn't call it crap
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
I would call it cosy

Alright place, though not enough for a whole day out.

I was going to go during the day then retreat to a gig just opposite (at the Borderline) but I wasn't old enough...
There's a music store there that kicks you out if you play Smoke on the Water on their guitars
Quote by pwrmax
There's a music store there that kicks you out if you play Smoke on the Water on their guitars

that's us... you play smoke on the water... we kick you out.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by pwrmax

I have a picture of the sign on my phone.

It reads: Absolutely, under no circumstances at all are customers allowed to play Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child o Mine, or Smoke on the Water when trying out guitars. Thank you.

Epic.

I think it is a joke though
i went there, theres some good stuff... but lots of stuff that im not interested in at all either

Reverb Store pwns all of those shops put together.. i went to one in birmingham i think. it was good

the people there werent arrogant like the people in denmark street
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
there's no music shop district in Calgary (the city is freaking HUGE), but right near the geographical center of town, there's a huge Long & McQuade (with attached warehouse), a pretty big St. Johns Music, and five mins drive from there is Axe Music (which is a local store, but they are a great store)... given a whole day and thousands of dollars, i could do some damage there.

there's also like, 3 Guitarworks locations, 4 music centre canada locations, a large store specializing in drums called Mother's Music, as well as a local chain, Sak's Music, and a scattering of independent small stores.

so it's not too hard to go guitar shopping in Calgary, provided you have a car
yeah, it's very small. and (very) overpriced. vintage and rare is cool, though, and wunjo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by roythereaper
Never been, sadly. I want to go though.

EDIT: 5 or 6 shops in one street? That's more than Newcastle, screw you, TS.

We don't do too bad though, JG Windows, Sounds Live, Guitar Guitar, Sound Control's whoever bought them out and some independent shop.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, it's very small. and (very) overpriced. vintage and rare is cool, though, and wunjo.

Its that overpriced, well I spose since they aren't independent apart from V+R and Wunjos its not great, but for little commodities they're alright and you can usually get money off label price.
Quote by 100%guitarmad

I have a picture of the sign on my phone.

It reads: Absolutely, under no circumstances at all are customers allowed to play Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child o Mine, or Smoke on the Water when trying out guitars. Thank you.

Epic.

I think it is a joke though

God dammit your sig confuses me!! Anyway yeah my GC has a sign that says "If you play Stairway to heaven, Crazy Train, or Smoke on the water we will kick you out" or something like that.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
God dammit your sig confuses me!! Anyway yeah my GC has a sign that says "If you play Stairway to heaven, Crazy Train, or Smoke on the water we will kick you out" or something like that.

Thank you
Quote by minibrowny
Its that overpriced, well I spose since they aren't independent apart from V+R and Wunjos its not great, but for little commodities they're alright and you can usually get money off label price.

yeah, i just thought (apart from V&R and wunjo) that they felt like you should be willing to pay an extra £100 (or more) above the RRP just so you could say you got it in denmark street. either that or they get a lot of celebrities/rock stars buying stuff who don't care too much about the money.

Just i'm not too pleased when i try a pedal, get told it's £300, then get home to find its RRP is more like £150. I wasn't buying it anyway (have since got one second-hand, though), but if i had been, that's daylight robbery if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it is abit of a letdown sometime. But still is the best in my local area (45mins).
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special