Where could I go online to get a Non Recessed Floyd Rose, like one on a Ernie Ball Axis and such? And Where couldi go from there to get a template or something like it to figure out where to cut into my guitar so I can install it?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
u mm you can get templates on the amazon, at least some...

about the floyd rose... try just any guitar parts shop or something?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
the templates? floydrose.com and just DONT cut the recessed part. for the actual FR? Warmoth, beyond eleven, ebay, and dozenz of other parts suppliers.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
what guitar do you have? you don't need a special floyd for it, those guitars don't have a route cut out. if your guitar already has a route cut out, something like a tremol-no would work (depending on what your trem is), and just set it to dive-only.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bobbyj84
Where could I go online to get a Non Recessed Floyd Rose, like one on a Ernie Ball Axis and such? And Where couldi go from there to get a template or something like it to figure out where to cut into my guitar so I can install it?

Non-recessed Floyd sit on the body like a vintage Strat trem and there is no difference in the Floyd itself, its the same its just how its installed on your guitar. Templates you can get from floydrose.com like f22master said but I'd rather have a luthier do it considering you gotta get it dead on or your intonation will be well off. Since you won't be routing out a big chunk like most do to have it recessed and floating it shouldn't cost too much. Also remember that your neck will need to be routed where the nut is to be able to install the Floyd nut. Its no easy task and the Floyd will change the tone of your guitar by quite a lot. What guitar do you want to do this on?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Its a project Im starting. Its just an old Strat body that had a fixed bridge, so nothin is cut out of the body
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
oh ok. pretty much what DSOTM said, then. you might need a neck shim too? not sure, but those non-recessed ones seem to sit up a lot more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bobbyj84
Its a project Im starting. Its just an old Strat body that had a fixed bridge, so nothin is cut out of the body

you DO have to cut out a cavity for the sustain block. it should be about the size a the one for a tremolo bridge strat. i would not recomend any1 but the most highly trained luthiers to even attempt it.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B