Page 1 of 2
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/09/AR2008120903131.html?wprss=rss_politics
Among the allegations: The Democratic governor, whose popularity slumped to 13 percent in a recent poll, used his clout to try to have newspaper editorial writers fired. He demanded campaign contributions in return for political favors. And when the law said he alone could appoint a successor to replace President-elect Barack Obama in the U.S. Senate, Blagojevich saw it as a "golden" moneymaking chance, saying, "I'm just not giving it up for [expletive] nothing."

Seriously, WTF is up with this state?
Death to Ovation haters!
:O

.... i don't really care tbh
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Chicago politics have been notoriously corrupt for generations. This is nothing new. I'm curious to see if it makes it into the White House. Hopeful that it won't though.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
There is your problem...

I knew I liked you for a reason other than being from PA.
Quote by Vikingx
Chicago politics have been notoriously corrupt for generations. This is nothing new. I'm curious to see if it makes it into the White House. Hopeful that it won't though.

I don't expect it will. Obama has been distancing himself from Blago for years now, probably because he anticipated something would eventually surface that would reflect badly on him.
Death to Ovation haters!
Living in Illinois, this is all I've heard about all day.
The news, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, Yahoo...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
now finally, we new jersyians can finally look at another state and say. YOUR CORRUPT!
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by Skierinanutshel
yeah....all we need to do is get rendell out as soon as humanly possible. like seriously.

He's a "friend" of my family....
and I absolutely agree. Nice guy... shouldn't be in politics.

Oh, and to the Jersey guy...
I finally found out why New Yorker's are depressed all the time.
Because the light at the end of the tunnel is Jersey.

On a more serious note, have you ever seen the signs when you're entering PA that say "Now entering Pennsylvania, please wipe your feet first".

Didn't want to.... Had to...
Quote by Vikingx

On a more serious note, have you ever seen the signs when you're entering PA that say "Now entering Pennsylvania, please wipe your feet first".

New Jersey is such a depressingly bad state.

Honestly, does anyone actually want to be the governor of New Jersey?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Vikingx

they have signs that say that?!?!!? i've only flown in/out of state lately, so i havent driven through the state border. that is awesome. also, i just want rendell out and a republican in so that my mom can get a job with the state again...14 more years and she will have a full state retirement.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
they have signs that say that?!?!!? i've only flown in/out of state lately, so i havent driven through the state border. that is awesome. also, i just want rendell out and a republican in so that my mom can get a job with the state again...14 more years and she will have a full state retirement.

Ok, Ok...
So the signs don't really exist. But you don't live that far from me.
We could make it happen.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My Dad retired from a state job a few years ago. That's how we know Rendell.
Quote by Vikingx
Ok, Ok...
So the signs don't really exist. But you don't live that far from me.
We could make it happen.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. My Dad retired from a state job a few years ago. That's how we know Rendell.

i'd be up for a sign-painting party. thats cool though about your Dad. Rendell is a nice guy to talk to, and has a good personality, but yeah, i'll agree he isnt the best as a political figure.
This guy is a real piece of work. He speaks out against the "corrupting influence" of Grand Theft Auto, pens unconstitutional game laws that get shut down, shows off his potty mouth on national TV and in numerous wire-taps, and then gets nailed for corruption charges.

One of the video game industry's biggest hypocrite critics.

The best part about this story: One of the judges who shut down his video game law is also one of the judges to approve the wire-taps.
I agree. Unfortunately it's a sign of the times. The Duality of Politicians.
It would seem that if you follow the contribution line you could decode politics.

NJ?!?!? OH come on man... You guys are asking for it.
Quote by Vikingx
It would seem that if you follow the contribution line you could decode politics.

Lately it seems like the more a politician speaks out against something, the more likely they are to be caught engaging in that behaviour themselves.
Quote by Vikingx

You think the duality of politicians is a sign of the times? You should read up on your political history.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
How did this thread become about New Jersey so fast?

More importantly, why do you care? Why does anybody care? Seriously, we're just a really tiny state full to the brim with Italians. As far as any other state should be concerned, we're really insignificant, if not a downright political tragedy. That being said, I do still have some jersey pride. Why? Born and raised, baby. So, setting my rationality aside, I would like to speak for all New Jerseyans when i say this: Yes, we're from New Jersey. No, we don't like you either.

/rant

Anyway.... I'm glad that the Gov. got what he had coming. Just because you make the laws doesn't mean you're above them.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by Relz
As someone who lives in Illinois, I'm not surprised.

Yeah I use to live in Illinois, I am also not suprised.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| I LIKE PURPLE|||||||||||||||||

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
As someone who lives in Nj, I agree with this thread. It's cold and crappy and everything is illegal.
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Quote by PatchworkMan
You think the duality of politicians is a sign of the times? You should read up on your political history.

I am very aware that this is nothing new, and pride myself on my knowledge of political history. It does seem to be getting worse within the last 10 years though. That was the point that I was making.
I'm not surprised that he is corrupt, I am surprised that he is being punished for it. Honestly though, do you think Illinois is the only state with a corrupt politician? I would bet that every state has corrupt representatives(except maybe Hawaii, but who cares?) Blagojebitch just got caught.
Quote by Vikingx

This
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by Danitarium
I'm not surprised that he is corrupt, I am surprised that he is being punished for it. Honestly though, do you think Illinois is the only state with a corrupt politician? I would bet that every state has corrupt representatives(except maybe Hawaii, but who cares?) Blagojebitch just got caught.

i'll be the first to say Ed Rendell for PA.
Quote by Vikingx

on the contrary New Yorkers actually are known to love jersey people. We despise new yorkers for there habits and innability to use a blinker. They are the soul reason for our most popular road rage.

Also. I've been born and raised in NJ for 15 years. i say Jersey, i saw Wawter. not wootar, not joizie.

on topic:

politics suck. you win some you lose more.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Quote by BelowZero

on the contrary New Yorkers actually are known to love jersey people. We despise new yorkers for there habits and innability to use a blinker. They are the soul reason for our most popular road rage.

Also. I've been born and raised in NJ for 15 years. i say Jersey, i saw Wawter. not wootar, not joizie.

on topic:

politics suck. you win some you lose more.

Point taken about New York, but IT WAS A JOKE kid. I worked in Jersey for many years and loved every minute of it... but I'll still bag on the state every chance I get. Just like I expect them to call Pennsylvania Pennsyltuckey.

It's a love/hate relationship.
So we've all established that Illinois is notorious for its corruption. But how did this come about?

(I don't mean how the case came about, I mean Illinois corruption in general)
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
"If it isn't the most corrupt state in the United States," said Robert Grant, head of the FBI's Chicago office, "it's certainly one hell of a competitor."

ಠ_ಠ
To bad he was corrupt, cause while he did a lot of stuff like that to pull in money for the state, he did a lot of good for the state too
Quote by sebbsmith
So we've all established that Illinois is notorious for its corruption. But how did this come about?

(I don't mean how the case came about, I mean Illinois corruption in general)

Biggest city for illegal trafficking of alcohol during prohibition (chicago) is in it. Thats where the mob operated out of during that time, so naturally, it became corrupt very fast.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Living in Illinois, this is all I've heard about all day.
The news, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, Yahoo...

I know, they even stopped one of my classes at 11:00 to watch the news. In case you guys didn't know btw everyone outside of Cook County (chicago area) hates Blago.
Page 1 of 2