so, as probably thousands before me have done...

i need advice on what to buy
im looking into buying a multi effects unit and have absolutely no idea what to go for

advice / views etc.
but please, please, please give me some feedback, not just 'this sucks.' 'thats good'
reasons please
Hey Guy
Are you looking to go for multi-fx because you arent sure of what effects you want, and are trying to get a sense of the different effects out there?

with any multi-fx, you will get a good quantity and variety, but you wont get the quality that is offered with single pedals.
What's your setup? And what are you looking for exactly (amp modeling or not, what effects, where do you need the effects to go - loop or upfront, and any other info you can give)?

I can give you good advice, as I've done A LOT of research on the subject. But, I need a little more to go on, or I'd have to write a short novel on here. Feel free to IM me. I'd be glad to help.
go for the boss me-50
I have it myself, and it's really easy to work with and the sound is pretty good
i use zoom and just bought my brother a digitech rp250. i think my zoom has better sound but i payed more for it also. both are good units. and the quality is great. a little better with the zoom and it has more effects and an internal memory for sampling, but you usually get what ya pay for (zoom was about 60 bucks more).
Oh, and do you play live (clubs or bigger), studio, or bedroom? And how much can you spend? Btw, it's not necessarily true that idividual pedals are better. Notice I said, "not necessarily".
if distortions are one of the top priorities I recommend a Zoom G7 or G9. If not, then a Boss ME-50 or GT-8/10
Notice people that reccommend the Boss ME-50 say things like, "it's not that bad", or, "it sounds pretty good"! I agree with them...it's not bad, and sounds pretty good. But...you can do better by spending more $.
a gt 8 its pretty amazing!
i recommend it 100 percent n.n
i used to carry single pedals and it was a ****ing hassle!
here its all carry-able xD
hope u are happy with what u get in the end n.n
Quote by pebbles123
a gt 8 its pretty amazing!
i recommend it 100 percent n.n
i used to carry single pedals and it was a ****ing hassle!
here its all carry-able xD
hope u are happy with what u get in the end n.n

there are these things called pedalboards.......
Yeah, but pedalboards are another couple of hundred bucks. And...they don't give you any programming type of control. You still have to do the tap dance. Plus, to get all the effects offered in something like the GT-10, you'd have to spend a couple of thousand dollars (if not more). Also, you'd probably have to own more than one of every pedal so you could use 'em with different settings without having to bend over and turn knobs. The best way, for someone looking for a lot of different sounds, is to use a combination of pedals, rack effects, a midi controller, and two or more amps (which is what 95% of pros do...including myself). Otherwise, a multi-effects pedal is the only way to go.

If you can't spend that kind of money, but want a lot of different effects with no modeling, and don't need more than four effects at once. The Line 6 M13 is a really cool item. It's very versatile...you can route different effects to the front or loop at the same time. Plus, you can add your own pedals anywhere you want, as well (so you actually can use more than four effects at once). It's very simple to use, most of the effects sound great, and there is very little noise (if you use high quality cables). I use one of these for small gigs with little space (the M13 with a couple of OD pedals). For large gigs, I do the rack/pedal/midi/multi amp thing. However, my band is going on tour next spring, and I'd love to try to use the M13. We'll see in rehearsals in a couple of months, if this works in a bigger/louder situation. Yes, I've seen the mixed reviews on the thing. But, it's such a cool concept, I had to buy and try it for myself. I can tell you that it's a great product if it holds up. Of course some of the effects are useless, but there are many that you can't tell the difference between the models and the real thing. I have a $10,000 rig that I've used in the past for big shows...I have all of the real pedals...I know what I'm talking about. I don't use a lot of effects at any give time. However, we have a lot of different kinds of songs that call for a lot of different guitar tones. Conceptually, this thing is perfect for that.
Quote by b-rock34
Yeah, but pedalboards are another couple of hundred bucks. And...they don't give you any programming type of control. You still have to do the tap dance. ....didnt read

1.) i built mine for....$15? including gas money to the hardware store.

2.) thats half the fun.
I like the Boss ME50.....but I REALLY like the Line 6 POD XT Live or POD X3.....

They are awesome units and the price is worth it.
Do you have power supply on your board? My pedals are in my rack for live shows, so they are plugged into a rack-mounted power conditioner. I have a home-made pedalboard as well, but haven't used it in years. I didn't make it...someone made it for me. I bet it cost him more than $15 to make...lol.
POD xt/x3, Boss GT-8/GT-10 or nothing imo. Those are the only ones that have really impressed me even the slightest, I prefer the POD, but many will disagree
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
POD xt/x3, Boss GT-8/GT-10 or nothing imo. Those are the only ones that have really impressed me even the slightest, I prefer the POD, but many will disagree

THIS
Quote by b-rock34
Do you have power supply on your board? My pedals are in my rack for live shows, so they are plugged into a rack-mounted power conditioner. I have a home-made pedalboard as well, but haven't used it in years. I didn't make it...someone made it for me. I bet it cost him more than $15 to make...lol.

yup, i'm using the dunlop brick. mind, mine is just a wooden case, thus why the production cost is quite low.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yup, i'm using the dunlop brick. mind, mine is just a wooden case, thus why the production cost is quite low.

dunlop brick is 99$ online.... that should be included in production cost