Page 1 of 2
So, my school is having a talent show and the 1st place prize is $100 and I really need $100. So I'm trying to think of songs that I could play that would really impress people. I've been playing for 3 and 1/2 years but I want a song that I know I will be comfortable with and not a song that will be still hard for me. I still want to challenge myself, but I need to be able to learn it in a month(January 12th to be exact). It would really help If you guys could recomend songs.

Thanks,
Josh
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Stairway, Freebird, Sweet Child O' Mine, etc. (The classics)

Also...why couldn't MY talent show pay ME 100 smackers!
Last edited by goest at Dec 10, 2008,
um...ERUPTION!!!!...duh
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Well, my band played Dammit by Blink-182, Ice Ice Baby, and I Kissed a Girl (It wasn't my idea) at my HS's talent show and we were pretty much the best band there, although we really don't really have much talent and we've never played in front of an audience before. Play something that people know but not something that's overplayed at talent shows and such.

Quote by goest
Bass or Geetar?

Also...why couldn't MY talent show pay ME 100 smackers!

Agreed. I think this is an outrage. My school has money out the ass and no one gets paid ****.
Wait, will it just be you all by yourself up there?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
dont fear the reaper, thats what we're doing, and im soloing
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I can't play with a band because I'm in a bad position with my band. Basically, my drummers in China and I got into a huge fight with my Rhythm guitarist that ended in a fist fight in school and we both got suspened for two days.

Extra Info: I play Guitar. I was looking for something with preferably no singing or something that would sound good with me playing over a CD but idk if they'll let me do that.
I'm really into classics, from 60's through mid 80's. And I like some new stuff. Mainly Foo Fighters for new stuff.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Soul Stripper by AC/DC

Look it up
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
if you talent is a good hj, you'll be able to make that money on the streets every night (even more) without having to worry about a talent show
Quote by food1010
Well, my band played Dammit by Blink-182, Ice Ice Baby, and I Kissed a Girl (It wasn't my idea) at my HS's talent show and we were pretty much the best band there, although we really don't really have much talent and we've never played in front of an audience before. Play something that people know but not something that's overplayed at talent shows and such.

Agreed. I think this is an outrage. My school has money out the ass and no one gets paid ****.

I appreciate your modesty.

And anyway. Talent shows aren't that big of a deal. The general school populous will probably be swept away by even the simplest of guitar solos, so don't worry about it. Just learn a song you like and play it well.
It's a process, not an event.
Quote by munkyRobb
sounds like you need cliffs of dover by eric johnson

^^

deffinetly this
"For whiter teeth......try a F*CKING toothbrush!"
The problem is that my school has integrated Guitar into there music program so there are about 350 students in the school enrolled in Guitar. A bunch of the kids in the guitar program will be playing.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
ERUPTION by Van Halen.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I think I'll either put together a randon medley of songs I like or maybe a Hendrix medley.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Anybody know any good Led Zeppelin songs that will sound good with no vocals/bass/drums? Just guitar.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by username94
The problem is that my school has integrated Guitar into there music program so there are about 350 students in the school enrolled in Guitar. A bunch of the kids in the guitar program will be playing.

Wait... really?

Sick society, I suppose.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by username94
Anybody know any good Led Zeppelin songs that will sound good with no vocals/bass/drums? Just guitar.

Impossible.

>_>
<_<

Going to California
Quote by ratmblink123
Wait... really?

Sick society, I suppose.

I think the guitar program is a good thing. My comment was to someone that sayed people will be amazed if you play something simple.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by username94

play heartbreaker
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Glasgow Kiss, Wishful Thinking (skip the last two mintutes unless you want to bore the crap out of everyone) , or Damage Control by John Petrucci. You want a challenge, you got one (or three).
If you have a bassist;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLw_IP9m2mI

If you get two people who play acoustic and you play electric;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUycnwlxd34

All I could really think of right now.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Dream On. No singer? COPE! Or, Surfing with the Alien/ten words/cliffs of dover.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by username94
Over The Hills And Far Away?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Throouuuggghhh the fiiirreee and tthhee flaaammes we carry OOOONNN. Play the rhythm part and you're fine. Tremolo picked power chords (y)

I'm not a real close fan of Dragonforce, but if you can pull that one off perfectly, that'd be a stunner.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
How much does a crap violin bow cost? I kinda want to do the solo from Dazed and Confused and then probably improv some stuff.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours

Dimebag had a worse gig.
i cum blood
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by theocao
i cum blood

Ah, it never fails.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Are you a proficient alternate picker?

You could try do some John Petrucci - for example, Jaws of Life, and Glasgow Kiss.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Do Re Mi
I appreciate your modesty.

Haha yeah... I didn't say we were any good, just better than pretty much everyone else. There were two bands that are really good, we didn't hold a candle to them.
far beyond the son by yngwie malsteem or canon rock by jerryc

...o wait...something you can learn in a month
...this is the last line of my post
Page 1 of 2