I've been looking for news on this recently but I have found it hard because I've been busy with college. A minute ago though I found this article and although I have just skimmed it so far, I find some parts of it very disturbing...

Soon thereafter, the most incredible attack began: Tens of fascists (that seem to had gathered in Patras from across the country, in a pre-planned joint operation with the police) attacked the demonstration with knives and stones. Co-ordinating perfectly with the police, they continued their attack and, according to some reports, even did some joint arrests. The demonstrators were confronted with the following unbelievable spectacle: They were facing a group of people throwing them police-owned tear gas while chanting “blood-honour-golden dawn” (the name of a nazi group in Greece).

Discuss Pit...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I hate Macedonian nazis.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
This is SPARTA!!
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
I think there's a Greek riot going on in my pants right now ...

... sort of an innuendo five?

Quote by damskippy
I hate Macedonian nazis.

Agreed, if there's one type of Nazi that really gets my goat, it's them.
The motive for the protest is completely absurd (police shot a murder suspect), but bringing in nazis to help out... is... wow, that's practically a crime against humanity; though technically it's illegal in "only" about 20 different ways.
Last edited by MiG_853 at Dec 10, 2008,
Least the people throwing things might have a good try at the javelin at the next olympics...

Kind of freaky, especially the nazi thing.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by MiG_853
The motive for the protest is completely absurd (police shot a murder suspect), but bringing in nazis to help out... is... wow, that's practically a crime against humanity; though technically it's illegal in "only" about 20 different ways.

The police shot a 15 year old kid, apparently unprovoked from my understanding.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989

That's the impression I got too.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Same **** happened here when the Montreal police shot a kid in the north of the town, big riots with car burnings.

Quote by StreetLight3989

That's what I had heard...
Quote by IDread
That's the impression I got too.

From people who I've talked to who have been in or around Greece say there is a lot of police oppression going on. I agree with the protesters on this one, although I don't really advocate violence if it's killing innocent people.
Quote by Bloodycrass
Same **** happened here when the Montreal police shot a kid in the north of the town, big riots with car burnings.

I don't think that was on the same scale...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Bloodycrass
well smaller town, smaller riot dont you think ?

Town? The riots in Greece are all over the country. It seems to have plunged the whole country into something close to anarchy.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by magnus_maximus
The protestors haven't killed anyone...

I was just saying in general, I just don't want it to get to the point where innocent people get hurt. It's horrible what the police are doing though, I mean teaming up with fascists.
Quote by goest
That's what I had heard...

They called the cops names, about it. That's not provocation worthy of murder.

EDIT: My opinion is that if I were there right now, I'd be in the thick of it, trying my ****ing best to help the protestors.
Last edited by original=punk at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by StreetLight3989
I was just saying in general, I just don't want it to get to the point where innocent people get hurt. It's horrible what the police are doing though, I mean teaming up with fascists.

I'm not one to advocate violence but in this situation I kind of support the actions of the protesters. The Police and government are WAY out of line and I think that they need to see what happens when you push the youths too far.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I'm not one to advocate violence but in this situation I kind of support the actions of the protesters. The Police and government are WAY out of line and I think that they need to see what happens when you push the youths too far.

In this instance I don't necessarily disagree with the violence, I just don't like to see it come to this. The police and government got what's coming to them but I just don't like to see innocent people getting killed.
Quote by StreetLight3989
In this instance I don't necessarily disagree with the violence, I just don't like to see it come to this. The police and government got what's coming to them but I just don't like to see innocent people getting killed.

So far though I don't think anyone has died apart from the kid Babylon shot to start this all off.
Although I have no doubt that soon there will be casualties and no matter which side they are on, it will cause a further escalation in violence. I don't really want that but there is a part of me that says it would be an ultimately good thing despite the bloodshed.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'm Greek and took part in the riots so I can tell you first-hand what's the case.

Police here is always teaming up with the fascists (the major fascist organization called "Golden Dawn") and recently, this summer, there was an incident that was caught on camera.

You can see this here .

Police forces and neo-nazis have been teaming up consistently for the past few years, and the Greek government is backing them up (in court etc).

The world-wide economical crisis has affected Greece too, recent scandals (government "selling" land for trivial amounts of money to the church, a scandal where high ranking officials of the government were receiving large amounts of money from Siemens, and more that I can't recall at the moment) and the passing of a legislation about universities that degrades the degrees a lot, have angered lots of people.

The killing of the 15 year old boy was just the "excuse" people went out rioting. Everyone had the feeling that this system is rejecting us ("us" being middle and lower class people). And it is true, for us and everyone else on the planet, that either you are poor (or you will sooner or later become poor) or rich (just holding your status or becoming richer).

I got the feeling that what happened here must trigger thoughts about the society and the system. This is a system that produces poor, unhappy people who think that they are free, work long hours and are unable to enjoy life in it's most basic form - just being part of the whole and one with everyone.

Excuse my bad English, I just found out that my efficiency has drastically dropped since I'm rarely using them any more, and not in real life situations. Just ask me anything that's unclear or anything you want to know for the riots etc.
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Excuse my bad English, I just found out that my efficiency has drastically dropped since I'm rarely using them any more, and not in real life situations.
Seems pretty clear to me, thanks for that
Call me Batman.