I am thinkin about buying two eminence texas heats (8 ohm) for my 412. I currently run a randall 412 with celestion seventy 80's in it and i feel like they just dont have enough backbone for a tight thumpy low end response and can get muddy. I have owned and I did not like the celestion g12t-75's high end frequency range, so the manowar is out tooi would assume. Anyone have experience with the texas heat for metal and can give me an idea how it performs? I know dimebag used them but i want someone's opinion. I plan on running these in a x pattern with the seventy 80's, because they do have some good qualities in that they will work till i can afford to replace them. Also im using a peavey 6505 and EMG 81's or Duncan JB's
Last edited by hardrckr120 at Dec 10, 2008,
Yes. I have one with a V30 (great match) and it can do metal very well. Great amount of low end. Texas Heats also do/did come stock in Krank cabs which are metal amps.
Awesome speakers. Really great matched with a V30 or similar speaker.

As Jamesfarr said, these came (still may) come stock in KRANK cabs, and regardless of the opinions of their amps, they are really awesome sounding cabinets.
Thanks for the input guys. I will probably stick with my cab for a while and just change out the speakers, which seem to be the most important part anyway. I think the construction on my randall cab is good enough to only need a speaker swap for now.
yeah, i think i tried them in a krank cab, i don't think they'd have a problem doing metal. not quite sure how they sound, though, as i only tried kranks through them (and that was the only time I've tried kranks)- hard to tell how much of that was the amp, and how much was the cab/speakers.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well regardless of the amp it sounds like the texas heat will do what i want and be an improvement over the celestion seventy 80's, especially in bass response cuz those things seem to just lack it
Quote by jamesfarr
Yes. I have one with a V30 (great match) and it can do metal very well. Great amount of low end. Texas Heats also do/did come stock in Krank cabs which are metal amps.

I belive that (after trying the texas heat speakers out in store) do not work well with 'metal'. But that depends what you class as metal.. im talking about pantera e.c.t metal.. where i think the speakers would suite more GNR metal better.
Quote by jamesfarr
The guitarist of Pantera used these speakers in his cabinets as far as I know...

Aha.. A common mistake. infact he only used those speakers BEFORE pantera got truely famous and then when he was sponsered he swiched to better speakers,
Dont worry 80% of people get that mistaken.
Quote by jamesfarr

My hand is
Is it open back or sealed back?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦