Page 1 of 3
http://bigfatfacts.com/

-Weight is not a barometer of wellness. More Americans die every year from weighing too little than from weighing too much.
-They (researchers) ASSUME that if we get heart disease or breast cancer, it is because we're fat.

Now for the funny (in a frustrating way that really pisses me off) part.

The B.M.I. doesn't tell you the percentage of body fat you're carrying, or how your fat is distributed. According to this measurement, half of the National Basketball Association is overweight or obese.

Overweight = BMI 25 - 29.9
An estimated 35 percent of U.S. adults, over 66 million people, are overweight, defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of between 25 - 29.9.

Obesity = BMI greater than 30
An estimated 30 percent of U.S. adults, over 60 million people, are obese, defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher.

THE TRUTH: Today's average American adult is 7 to 14 pounds heavier than one thirty years ago.

After the 1998 NIH report, suddenly tens of millions of Americans became "obese" even though they had not gained a pound. Shifting the BMI down two points helped turned obesity into moral panic.

Now for my own opinion: I thinks its rediculous how the U.S. is stereotyped as fast, because of our own/foriegn media.
Ive seen countless films where 1 or 2 extremely obese people are shown and they claim that that is how half of the U.S. is really like thats. THEN the good ole UK (and honestly I have alot of respect for you guys, you gave us some of the best musicians ever) sees the same crap, and they are so full of themselves and their governement and assume that noone from the UK is corrupt, and they beleive their media is more honest then anyone elses, and they assume its trues.

Now I am 190lbs, 6ft tall, and have a 32 inch waste. I am considered not just overweight, but obese. And if you cant picture that in your head, I will eventually upload some pictures. I am nowhere near fat looking. I know A kid who is shorter then me, ways just as much, but has a sixpack and can bench 200+ and is considered obese.

I walk around my school, and maybe 5% of kids I see look chubby, at the most, maybe 2% are really fat. In fact, some chick from The netherlands is a foreign exchange student here, and she is chubbier then over half of the senior girls in my school, and she is shorter then 90% (im making up numbers but thats really close) of the senior girls. According to our standards, she is overweight.

know I dont think we are that fat...just stupid (excluding myself ofcourse)

DISCUSS MY MINIONS!!!
Quote by xander307
You reckon you could take your dad in a fight?

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

EDIT: I reckon I'd give my mom a good kicking!
Last edited by Jomater at Dec 10, 2008,
Keep telling yourself that fat people.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I don't think about weight nor do I weigh myself. I'm comfortable with how I am and I detest people who need to "lose a pound".
Quote by Jericho114

I shouldn't have, but I lol'd.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by Aaron0612
I shouldn't have, but I lol'd.

I did to, but only because you cant take someone too ignorant to post without reading seriously.
Quote by xander307

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

Doctors don't use BMI anymore they use Waist to hip ratio. Soooooo Put up or shut up fatty. Joke : D
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Ive had my BMI taken countless times within the last couple years, never waist to hip ratio.

WE still use BMI
Quote by xander307

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

Come heart disease.. I have been weighting for you.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Jomater

THE TRUTH: Today's average American adult is 7 to 14 pounds heavier than one thirty years ago.

BECAUSE THEY'RE FAT!!!
Quote by Jomater
Ive had my BMI taken countless times within the last couple years, never waist to hip ratio.

WE still use BMI

My BMI 19.27 or something. Which is ideal for me. My ideal weight is 2 stone more than I weight now, for my height. BMI is inaccurate.

I'm sorry but if you're overweight, you're overweight. Don't try to rationalize it. It's not our fault people are insecure about their weight.

Also I ****ing hate people who take up two seats on a bus. I mean COME ON.
Quote by KwikKopy
BECAUSE THEY'RE FAT!!!

It's only for the winter time.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Jericho114

I went to Canada and every other person on the streets smoked. So now I declare that Canada smokes too much. Enjoy nasty breath and cancer.
depends on what part of the US you're from. Southern US is overflowing with fatties, when i went up north to visit i was surprised how much slimmer/more fit everyone is.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by boreamor
My BMI 19.27 or something. Which is ideal for me. My ideal weight is 2 stone more than I weight now, for my height. BMI is inaccurate.

I'm sorry but if you're overweight, you're overweight. Don't try to rationalize it. It's not our fault people are insecure about their weight.

Also I ****ing hate people who take up two seats on a bus. I mean COME ON.

DUDE THATS THE POINT. BMI is inaccurate. WE STILL USE THE BMI FOR SOME ****ED UP REASONS.

IM not rationalizing it. DId you read the part about the NBA players? None of them are fat, but they are considered obese by the NBA, im not trying to rationalize it for the truly fat people.
Quote by xander307

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

Quote by Jericho114

this
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by KwikKopy
BECAUSE THEY'RE FAT!!!

Love it

Nothing I read on the internet is from reputable trusted sources anymore, so all of the OP can't be taken seriously.
Face it, America is full of fatties, deal with it.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by KingJustinian25
I went to Canada and every other person on the streets smoked. So now I declare that Canada smokes too much. Enjoy nasty breath and cancer.

Haha, I take it you visited Montreal?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Quote by KingJustinian25

London? ^I think London's worse, but then again the closest I've been to Montreal is Longueil...
and have a 32 inch waste.

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 10, 2008,
ya dude I agree with you, I'm 6'3'' 190 and I'm pretty sure I'm considered obese by that thing.

EDIT: TO reply to the smoking thing I visited Hamilton, like one hour away from Toronto
Quote by Jomater
DUDE THATS THE POINT. BMI is inaccurate. WE STILL USE THE BMI FOR SOME ****ED UP REASONS.

IM not rationalizing it. DId you read the part about the NBA players? None of them are fat, but they are considered obese by the NBA, im not trying to rationalize it for the truly fat people.

People still use it for some reason. I don't. I just use kgs and say that's my weight. BMI fails to recognize that muscle weighs more than fat.

People still use it because it's a rough measurement. It can't be used accurately, but it's a ballpark figure.

And sorry, I thought you were defending fat people
Quote by BlackLuster
Love it

Nothing I read on the internet is from reputable trusted sources anymore, so all of the OP can't be taken seriously.
Face it, America is full of fatties, deal with it.

Nice try on trying to make this an American epidemic...
There are plenty of cows in your hometown also. Oh, and most fat chicks in America at least have decent teeth.

Ask and you shall receive.
Quote by Jomater
Ive seen countless films where 1 or 2 extremely obese people are shown and they claim that that is how half of the U.S. is really like thats. THEN the good ole UK (and honestly I have alot of respect for you guys, you gave us some of the best musicians ever) sees the same crap, and they are so full of themselves and their governement and assume that noone from the UK is corrupt, and they beleive their media is more honest then anyone elses, and they assume its trues.

It may seem this way to an American, but seriously, nobody I know ACTUALLY believes the American = Fat stereotype; when people say it, the majority of the time they aren't being serious. And also, most of the people I know who actually have opinions on such matters criticize our media all the time.
Those are just numbers. You're only as fat as you feel. People worry too much about what others think and not enough about their own self-image. I see too many girls trying to lose weight because their friends are small.. it's a sad reflection of today's society. Sometimes you are supposed to be a certain size genetically speaking. Hell, women are supposed to be around 20-30% fat to be healthy. Yet there is a good proportion of them that are likely under 10 or 15.

You know what I really hate though? That everyone treats fat people like they are diseased, and sometimes almost like they are lower than a human being. My point: the first two posts.

Someone is going to say it in response to this, and no, I'm not fat.
I luled, not insecure with myself.

And I just posted this for those few people with some form of intelligence who are willing to read and hopefully not steriotype so much.

For the rest of you who dont care? Well, theres not much to say, I dont care either.
Quote by xander307

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

Quote by KingJustinian25
ya dude I agree with you, I'm 6'3'' 190 and I'm pretty sure I'm considered obese by that thing.

EDIT: TO reply to the smoking thing I visited Hamilton, like one hour away from Toronto

What did you expect?

You visited a city known as the arm pit of Ontario.

...Move along fatty.

Quote by red18420

meh, people seem to deliberately overlook the fact that freaking AUSTRALIA is fatter than the USA.

GB, you guys aren't very far behind the US, and neither is my home country, Germany.

get a life, and stop dissing the US. it's like in school when people diss the popular kids because they're jealous, and think the popular ones are sick when they have zits.

seriously, europe, GO to the USA before you judge the country, and stop feeding off of the stupid media who constantly portraits america as nothing but a country of idiots. the majority of people there no nothing of europe, and have never travelled outside of america.

well, the majority of people here know nothing about america and have never travelled outside of europe.

get over it, europe is just as stupid as the US.

EDIT: I'm speaking on behalf of the experiences I've had with other germans, who all hate america and think texas is the birthplace of Satan.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by boreamor
People still use it for some reason. I don't. I just use kgs and say that's my weight. BMI fails to recognize that muscle weighs more than fat.

People still use it because it's a rough measurement. It can't be used accurately, but it's a ballpark figure.

And sorry, I thought you were defending fat people

Thats ok.

I dont defend fat people, IN all seriousness, I sort of despise them...but Im tired of all the non fat people getting ripped on because some crap media says they are.
Quote by xander307

Quote by alfonzo99

No is the answer.

Quote by aznrockerdude
London? ^I think London's worse, but then again the closest I've been to Montreal is Longueil...

If your talking about London, Ontario....I'd have to agree....walking downtown all the time it's like one giant cloud of smoke. As for the whole weight thing....I dunno.....Fat people are fat because they like cake more than other things. If it bothers you.....move to a non fat country...wherever that is.
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
Quote by CoreysMonster

You're an intelligent man. I've been all over the globe and the one thing that I have realized is that everyone is essentially the same.
Quote by CoreysMonster
meh, people seem to deliberately overlook the fact that freaking AUSTRALIA is fatter than the USA.

GB, you guys aren't very far behind the US, and neither is my home country, Germany.

get a life, and stop dissing the US. it's like in school when people diss the popular kids because they're jealous, and think the popular ones are sick when they have zits.

seriously, europe, GO to the USA before you judge the country, and stop feeding off of the stupid media who constantly portraits america as nothing but a country of idiots. the majority of people there no nothing of europe, and have never travelled outside of america.

well, the majority of people here know nothing about america and have never travelled outside of europe.

I love it when people think for themselves. I'm an American who's been to the UK, Germany, AND Australia. We're not all that different.
Page 1 of 3