a friend of mine is just about to quit playing guitar has swapped me his 80watt valvestate for my fender frontman 15watt practice amp. i will use this for giging and recording but is it loud enough to do small gigs?
also is there anyway i can used headphones iin the valvestate? if not it looks like am gonna hav to buy a new practice amp
Unless there is a headphone jack in the amp then I don't think you can use headphones through them.

EDIT: and yes as far as i know it will be plenty loud to do gigs, if not then just mic it up.
the hum will be kinda bad though so i suggest getting a noise gate if you plan on having it on high volumes.
Last edited by signedinbloodnz at Dec 10, 2008,
The 8080 will be loud enough to do small gigs. Is it a 1x12 or 2x12? Just curious. I used to have a 1x12 8080 I bought in 96 or 97 can't remember. There is no headphone jack in that amp either.

But yeah it should do ya fine!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
erm i dont know whether its 1x12 or 2x12?
how do i find out
and iv just looked on another website and it says you can do this:
guitar--->valvestate----->other amp(from line out to input) and plug headphones in the other amp
willthis work?
1x12 = one speaker
2x12 = two speakers

and theoretically yes you could do that.
not sure if you'll get the tone of the bb blaster or the marshall instead though
Stop making threads about your bloody amp!

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com