I'm building this as a christmas commission for my dads friend, for a mere 500 dollars. one piece sapele body, 3 piece quartersawn sapele neck, nice curly/birdseye fretboard, all gold hardware, dream-90 pickups, hardtail bridge.

I finished most of the body yesterday, here she is with a hardware mock-up :

my camera batteries finally died for 9th time after that photo, so i need to go buy more.
so, knowing you and your pace, this will be done about.. Saturday at the latest?

Your **** looks good as always

EDIT: wait, your using pickup rings!?!?!?

i thought you were a direct mount only kinda guy
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
im so ****ing mad. i was routing the body and my work room was such a mess that i was like standing over a bunch of **** on the ground and i went to shift my weight and i stepped on something, so the router bit kinda bit into the side of the route and tore out a small 1/8'' chunk, so it gets covers. =[
i was about to say, i knew you wouldn't willing use covers.

i've been meaning to ask to, what router do you use?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Oh, sexy sexy.

Have I ever told you that I'm in love with you?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
that is very nice, i love the birdseye maple fretboard, to bad he didn't like it....

Also is it just me, but in the first pic the pickups dont look aligned/ straight or is it just that lovely grain?
yeah in a couple of the pics it look like the guitar has big dips in it but its just the grain. And is that a carve along the top or grain again?
you relise you did a right hand headstock, (reverse for a lefty)...
oh.... wait.... dont worry
Cam, you aren't doing too good today, buddy.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
LP.

Looking good.

Can you tell me. When you rout the ridge for the control plate, how do you do it?

Do you use a template and a bearing cutter or something?

Just wondering, because of the sticky out bits in the route, would mean just using a standard follower, wouldn't work.

Cheers.
god, i wouldn't even pick up my router for 500 bucks... kyle - you, my friend, are insane.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
there's a fine line between insanity and fairness. in all fairness, it takes 50-100 hours to make a decent guitar and about $350 worth of wood, parts, glue, etc, etc, etc. You're just selling yourself short man.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
LP your making me water at the mouth again everything you've built is superb.

Although guitar building is like being a Active musician. A day late and never what you wanted for pay. But its addicting I havn't even really started my first "true" build and I'm already planning a Fx-400 like build. Were am I gunna get the money? Thats always the question.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.