So a friend of mine, who is the guitarist and singer of a band at my high school, asked me if I would be interested in playing with his band at a witner dance this Friday sponsored by the School's Robotics Team (They fool around with electronics and other computer stuff). As I found out, There are only 30 people going to this dance, which consists of all the robotics team members, some freshmen, and some ugly emo chicks. The thing is that I don't know if it will be worth my time to play with them, if we really aren't going to be playing for anybody, and I don't know if 30 is the correct number, because people have been getting refunds for their tickets.

My friend's band plays mostly mellow Grateful Dead covers, and 3 chord originals and the guitarist always solo with a major scale. I already know most of the songs we would probably be doing ("Morning Dew," "Good Lovin," "Franklins Tower," and "Johnny B. Goode."). So we would arrive at the school for 6, set up, dance starts at 7, go get a bite to eat, be back a little before 9 o'clock when we play, and we play for 45 minutes. Do you think playing this gig is worth my time? Not many of my friends will be there, and it's going to be a bunch of emo kids and nerds. If I decide not to play, I can just drop out at anytime, but there is also going to be a Chocolate Fountain there too, which is a plus.
Sounds to me like you play music just for the attention. The best remedy for that is never touch a guitar again loser lol
Quote by Nike-Man
Sounds to me like you play music just for the attention. The best remedy for that is never touch a guitar again loser lol

No man, not like that. Just I don't know if it's going to be worth my time playing at a dance that no one many be going to.
Quote by messiah01
No man, not like that. Just I don't know if it's going to be worth my time playing at a dance that no one many be going to.

if no one comes, then just have a jam!
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
I would play, any chance to get up on stage i take, it will only improve your confidence and playing in front of people, who knows, you may even have fun. think positvely
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Do it. Any gig is worth doing for the experience, if anything. Nevermind the audience, sometimes it's a good chance to just get up there, do your thing, leave. More gig minutes under your belt...it's all good.
Quote by charlie__flynn
I would play, any chance to get up on stage i take, it will only improve your confidence and playing in front of people, who knows, you may even have fun. think positvely

yes

if i were in your situation, TS, i would relish the chance to perform, or just jam with someone.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
ever heard of the stone pony? its where bruce springsteen and bon jovi started it. ive played there ( you jersey guys would have too) and sometimes its packed, sometimes its empty... but my point being is that you shouldnt play if theres people or not. a gig is just practice for the next gig dude, it can only make you better and more comfortable on stage
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Alright thanks guys. I guess i'll have fun anyway, because the guys in this band are really welcoming to me, and for jamming with the guitarist in past experiences, I had alot fun jamming on "Franklins Tower."
Wow who cares if 1 person just showes up you get to play with a band and play music, it sounds to me you dont care that much about just jamming you want big crowds which is sad.
Quote by charlie__flynn

This
Quote by messiah01
Alright thanks guys. I guess i'll have fun anyway, because the guys in this band are really welcoming to me, and for jamming with the guitarist in past experiences, I had alot fun jamming on "Franklins Tower."

from all of us, " no problem"
lol
but yeah dude, the worst thing that could happen is that theres no crowd. who cares?
you have a chocolate fountain
and ugly emo girls? theres bound to be one good looking one,

hop on the creeper train!
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
yeah just jam and who knows might get drunk off chocalate,bang a ugly emo nerd=
Funny story to tell all your friends who wasn't there
yeah you pretty much suck ass.If you were passionate you would play wherever the hell you could.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
I didn't wanna hurt your feelings, but its rare to be in a band and begin playing gigs with a bunch of people. Go bang an emo chick after the show. That will make it worth it. Some emo chicks are hot as hell
Well.. go play with them. It's gonna be fun and experience. And the fewer people. The more nuts you can go without people being annoyed. Just give those few people a special experience.. Everything you can think of ^^
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Play the gig. Its good practice. Practice in setting up your equipment in a foreign setting. Practice playing in front of people. And if the whole thing falls apart, theres only gonna be 30 nerds and ugly chicks there to see it.
There's a rule in the theatre that goes somewhat like this:

If there's more crowd than cast and crew plus 2, there's nothing to do.

Seeing that you're about 5 in the band and there's going to be around 30 at the gig, play it! It's more experience for you.