Page 1 of 2
Arthur Curry
UnBanned
2,268 IQ
i'm a sucker for anything beach boys-influenced. wavves is lo-fi surf rock; timeless melodies sung through a tin can.

i think his releases have been pretty limited, but you can find the s/t on the web and stuff.

anyway, here's his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/wavves
freshtunes
3,057 IQ
im a sucker for lo-fi, and this is amazing.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
sre9981
Woo!
802 IQ
Me likey Wavves, they're fun. And yes, as per the december prediction, they have indeed blown up in 09
goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
411 IQ
This guy has fucking exploded. He had barely 1000 plays on Last.fm in September, and has since ballooned to 300,000 within a few months.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
i don't get it. i think he falls in with that group of things, like No Age, that i think i am supposed to like from the descriptions of the music, but i just don't like.
Libertine..
331 IQ
Flow of the album is ****ing brilliant, gets a little too noise-ish at times but it's still a quality record, one of the best of '09 so far
-heartbreaker-
Start Breaking My Heart
422 IQ
I picked up both his albums on vinyl the other day, they have almost matching artwork...great stuff
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
Holy sheeyot.

This guy is amazing. This is pretty much the epitome of the music I like. Lo-fi, catchy, noisy, and louuud.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Hereiwas
"Alex"
2,000 IQ
Worked it out...

I can't afford both, so which is better? I'll pick up the other later. :/
Last edited by Hereiwas at Apr 18, 2009,
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
I kind of like Wavvves better than the self-titled. I dunno, it's probably just because I'm more familiar with it.

Anyway. This guy is tied with No Age for third place in my top five right now. I think No Age might be beat soon.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
guitarguy0153
yellow bird
586 IQ
Just put up a few Wavves tabs... have 3 more pending i believe..
There's something living in these lines.
Bestykid
154 IQ
I like them, going to see them @ cockpit in Leeds next month.
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)
2,713 IQ
The drummer in one of the bands I manage kept telling me how much I'd love these guys, so I spent an entire night searching the internet for this music. Of course he didn't tell me how to spell it, so I never found it until I read about the breakdown on Pitchfork. This is some amazing music right here, it sounds like the vinyl I bought a few weeks ago is making babies in my milk crate, and 'The Surf Creature Compilation' has mated with Animal Collective and Dinosaur Jr. It's amazing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
i believe they canceled the rest of the tour, at least the portugal shows were canceled. bummer.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
ryanfit4battle
330 IQ
im diggin Wavves. the fact that Raymond Pettibon drew the default pic makes em that much cooler. Pettibon's work is the sh!t. the music is rad too
Last edited by ryanfit4battle at Jun 2, 2009,
halloweenhead
792 IQ
i just saw Wavves on friday. for all the bad hype he gets for being shit live and having a meltdown, he actually sounded quite good (i think it's because he's now playing with a full band as well). It was incredibly fun and the whole crowd was into it and moshing/dancing around and stuff.

Anyone else got the king of the beach leak? less noise-y which is a bit disappointing but definitely some good stuff on there
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
fitterhappier34
116 IQ
Wavves is lame, and Nathan (or whatever his name is) is a douche...just like the asshole from Black Lips who caused a rivalry between the two horrible bands. Way too hipster-y.
Well that is that, and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me.
You get away from me.
guitarguy0153
yellow bird
586 IQ
Quote by halloweenhead
i just saw Wavves on friday. for all the bad hype he gets for being shit live and having a meltdown, he actually sounded quite good (i think it's because he's now playing with a full band as well). It was incredibly fun and the whole crowd was into it and moshing/dancing around and stuff.

Anyone else got the king of the beach leak? less noise-y which is a bit disappointing but definitely some good stuff on there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-nLHlYK-Ko
There's something living in these lines.
sre9981
Woo!
802 IQ
I was sold on the non-lo-fi wavves, but hell if that fuzz mix didn't make me question that. There's something so satisfying about tape distortion
NGD1313
left & leaving
3,718 IQ
i dig the new record a lot more than i ever thought i'd like anything by wavves.