what are the differences between each model and what is your favourite/best?

thinking of looking at an epi....any help would be appreciated.
dude, there are a few threads on this already

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I have a standard plus and it's wonderful. It compares pretty well to my low-end Gibson SG. There's not a whole lot of difference between the standard/standard plus/custom, but I couldn't tell you what the differences are.
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
the differences are pretty basic...

the materials are the same for almost all of them, unless they're specifically built with custom pickups or inlays.

higher price generally means better craftsmanship on an epiphone, or you're paying for more material, like something with a bunch of extra inlays, or a third pickup, or a funky wiring job.

just go to www.epiphone.com and bear in mind that with this company, you get what you pay for. the Epiphone LP standard is what I have, but i've added some Gibson '57 pickups to it. the guitar itself is solid, totally usable in band and stage situations.
I have a classic and love it! Aside from the fact that it's heavier than holy hell.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
The standard is your best bet. What's your amp, your style, and your budget?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Don't forget that the basic ones like the 100 and Special II have bolt on necks instead of set necks.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I have a Classic also, beats the crap out of my 2 gibby's and other guitars..

here she is..

CTS pots
gibson switch
speed knobs
burstbucker pro zebra's
chrome rings
orange caps

i play metallica, gnr, 80s metal like that....motley, and then some rock/pop such as beatles, then mars volta, at the drive in.....then some odd country/folk stuff but i can always buy an acoustic! ha

i currently have a marshall 15cdg amp but am looking to upgrade that also.....

i really like the lp shape....any suggesstions?
A standard will do you fine, just get a new amp ASAP. Oh, and after you do that swap out the pickups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

what amp would you suggest? i have a thread on amps but thought id ask you personally....
Quote by Benj_arnold
what amp would you suggest? i have a thread on amps but thought id ask you personally....

It all depends on whether or not you gig. Take it to GG&A, other people there can help you way better than I can.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Peavey Vypyr 30 for $200 US is a beast. Get it if you can't get any other ideas.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
i have an ultra II, which is the same thing as a standard, but with built in nanomag. Its about $250 more than the plaintop, and $150 more than the flame top. But the nanomag makes it a much more versatile guitar. I think the les pauls themselves already have enough tone variety just using the standard pickups, but the nanomag adds a little more if you need it.
Quote by wisdom_cube
i have an ultra II, which is the same thing as a standard, but with built in nanomag. Its about $250 more than the plaintop, and $150 more than the flame top. But the nanomag makes it a much more versatile guitar. I think the les pauls themselves already have enough tone variety just using the standard pickups, but the nanomag adds a little more if you need it.

Dead thread I know, but I would have to agree here......except that there is one major difference between the Standard and the Ultra or Ultra II, and that is the fact that the Ultras are Chambered a lot more than any other. Main reason for this would be the NanoMag, as it allows the Guitar to have some great accoustic tones. This is by far the best sounding Electric I have ever played. The tone is great. I actually love to just sit and play her unplugged, as the tone is amazing compared to most other electrics when unplugged. Great Guitar, and exceptional buy when you find a factory Second.
elitist is said to be the best..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by IndianScout
I have a Classic also, beats the crap out of my 2 gibby's and other guitars..

here she is..

CTS pots
gibson switch
speed knobs
burstbucker pro zebra's
chrome rings
orange caps

That is a SICK GUITAR!!!

And yes that was necessary