Has anybody heard of this program or used it? It comes with some Yamaha products, but I can't find reviews anywhere. I'm curious if it's better than Garageband, or if it will even be as good as the light version of Cubase. Apparently, owning this version of the software also entitles you to a discount on the full version.

Anyways, here's a link:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/steinberg_yamaha.html

Mods, feel free to move this thread if I put it in the wrong place, but I didn't see a correct spot for it elsewhere.
It's probably the Cubase 4 version of Cubase LE
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
It's probably the Cubase 4 version of Cubase LE

Not quite.
You can't purchase it on its own. It ONLY comes with Yamaha products.
It's a slightly broken down version of Cubase 4, it comes free with lots of products just so you have something to use the product with. It isn't advanced as the full version but it gets the job done. And yes, it is way better than Garageband.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by faultyy
http://www.dv247.com/news/Steinberg%20Cubase%20AI4%20For%20Yamaha%20Announced%20/131388

I undersottd it as a Cubase LE, but the Cubase 4 version, specifically for Yamaha products

That makes sense. There's nothing different about it from the standard LE stuff then? Yamaha makes it look like it's some special godsend program only meant for use with their products.
Quote by AthenasGhost
It's a slightly broken down version of Cubase 4, it comes free with lots of products just so you have something to use the product with. It isn't advanced as the full version but it gets the job done. And yes, it is way better than Garageband.

Alright then, glad to hear it's better than Garageband. I'll start using ai4 then.
Quote by Nathan_393
Alright then, glad to hear it's better than Garageband. I'll start using ai4 then.

Well you know, garageband is fun to mess around with for a while, as it has precorded loops to have some fun with, but if you have yourself a midi controller and are going to be writing songs using it (like a midi keyboard or drum pads) then Cubase is much more indepth for editing it and recording it. If you want to use it at it's full potential I suggest finding some tutorials for midi recording, lots can probably be found on youtube. Once you know what you are doing things can start sounding very professional. Not to say they can't in Garageband but Garageband is very basic compared.

Well it's not that special, I guess what they are really talking about is somethings they melded together into Cubase, some of Yamaha's products that I guess would be a seperate application are now a part of that cubase. Not too sure though just guessing off what I read.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.