Yo, Im in need of a new shred guitar which will be an upgrade from a virtually broken Squier Bullet Strat. $400 Is my limit, posibly could strecth to 450. My amp is a Roland Cube 15.I would like 24 frets, fast neck, rosewood fretboard, and a tremolo bar would be nice. Some guitar's I've been looking at are
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH250NT-Electric-Guitar?sku=516687

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481914

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103

Peace.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
i think you should go with a jackson dxmg or, if you can go used, then go used, great used guitars in that price range.
you MIGHT want to consider a new amp, because cubes ARE practice amps, but i dont want to be like the rest of UG and have the instinct to tell respond with "new amp" in every "what electrc guitar thread"
well the schechter has all you need for a shred guitar
but jackson and bc riches are dedicated shred guitars
Quote by pretanga
well the schechter has all you need for a shred guitar
but jackson and bc riches are dedicated shred guitars

I doesnt care for B.C. Riches
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

Only one of those guitars had a tremelo. Here's some great shred guitars on that budget.

Ibanez RG350EX

ESP-LTD M-200FM

Jackon DXMG
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by stratdud39
i think you should go with a jackson dxmg or, if you can go used, then go used, great used guitars in that price range.
you MIGHT want to consider a new amp, because cubes ARE practice amps, but i dont want to be like the rest of UG and have the instinct to tell respond with "new amp" in every "what electrc guitar thread"

So what used guitars are in my price range?
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

I say the Schechter.
Check out Jackson if you haven't already done so...Really good guitars.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by Bullethead
So what used guitars are in my price range?

well generally a used $400 guitar could have had the list price of $500-$800.
You just gotta go to guitar stores and find good deals.
Or if you dont mind buying online, then definitely check out ebay, tons of great deals.
But make sure it says you can get your money back if theres something wrong with it.
used s320?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I'd like to hear more about this as well, although my budget's a little lower.
A used S series would be good. The ZR trems are good and the necks are as fast as greased lightning.

EDIT: BTW, I got mine for $300 shipped.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
I got an awesome Jackson DXMG it's the best shred guitar i've ever played. The durability is not so great though.