if you do, do you recommend it? is it a reliable guitar as ive heard that fenders provide a really good clean sound? and also is the distortion/gain on it good or bad?
anyways i have a fender strat so hopefully they both will complement each other for my clean jazz orientated songs.
No, thankfully.

They're horrid.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No, thankfully.

They're horrid.

Exactly... nearly as bad as an MG.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's fine for cleans, nothing else.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Idk if it was the kids guitar (ibanez RG which i generally like) or the digitech multi fx pedal (ehh) but he was an amazing guitar player playing through the fm212 and all i could think is thats the worst tone ive ever heard....just insanely harsh sounding, everyone whose heard him said the same thing, even my gf who knows nothing bout guitar
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by pretanga
if you do, do you recommend it? is it a reliable guitar as ive heard that fenders provide a really good clean sound? and also is the distortion/gain on it good or bad?
anyways i have a fender strat so hopefully they both will complement each other for my clean jazz orientated songs.

wait, wat?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
wait, wat?

lol i noticed that too
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
not absolute ****

much better options to be had
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
you can get a good used tube amp for that (although ive realized used tube amp ends up costing more cause of getting new tubes, but u can put in the tubes u want)...otherwise i like the valvetronix a lot
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
you can do better (even if youre just playing cleans)
budget?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Well I have the 25R and have played the larger versions a while ago when I wanted a new amp. Obviously I didn't get it. My best friend's brother has an MG and I could always find a tone on the MG that didn't piss me off, but the FM never got me the desired sound. It has ok cleans, but to me that mean more because I am used to a Super Reverb's cleans.

For the 100 bucks I paid for the 25r when I started out it served me well, but I don't see any reason to get the huge version of it.
I used to play one and never used the onboard dist. It was muddy, lacking in character, and too dark. The clean was alright, but sounded like some idiot was allowed to voice it and they went crazy on the brightness. It was like a razorblade.
no
you might want to try superchamp/vibrochamp for really good tubey cleans. that or vox valvetronix
The cleans are OK for a SS amp that isn't a Roland Jazz Chorus, but the distortion is the worst I've ever heard. If you only plan to play jazz stuff, it's not bad but for anything needing distortion get something else.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by bucky_2300
I used to play one and never used the onboard dist. It was muddy, lacking in character, and too dark. The clean was alright, but sounded like some idiot was allowed to voice it and they went crazy on the brightness. It was like a razorblade.

exactly how i would describe the fm65r im using atm. i pick up my jc-55 today though