these 2 kids, one of them is a just a beginner guitarist who is almost at "Smells like teen spirit"guitar level,and this one guy, who is the best guitarist in My School(which makes me 2nd best) said That "ALL DEAN GUITARS, FLYING V'S, EXPLORERS,AND IBANEZ XIPHOS GUITARS" are all terrible and have bad sound.I told this guy that he was like deaf and stuff and he was all like, well how can you even stand that sound, it's all so terrible. and i'm like" wow, you are so lame". Just wondering if the Pit thinks that those guitars suck and if these guys are retarded and lame.

Tryhonesty
Last edited by tryhonesty at Dec 10, 2008,
k, cool story stereotypical middle school kid.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

...you're retarded and lame
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I don't like deans, Vs and Explorers are great, Xiphos is pretty good.
I'm just guessing he doesn't like pointy shaped guitars. Get him a BC rich for christmas.
tryhonesty? isn't that Billy Talentless? Gay.

Meh. I don't think those guitars are lame. But, they do have their own tastes. So, get over it.
Quote by tryhonesty
these 2 kids, one of them is a just a beginner guitarist who is almost at "Smells like teen spirit"guitar level,and this one guy, who is the best guitarist in My School(which makes me 2nd best) said That "ALL DEAN GUITARS, FLYING V'S, EXPLORERS,AND IBANEZ XIPHOS GUITARS" are all terrible and have bad sound.I told this guy that he was like deaf and stuff and he was all like, well how can you even stand that sound, it's all so terrible. and i'm like" wow, you are so lame". Just wondering if the Pit thinks that those guitars suck and if these guys are retarded and lame.

Tryhonesty

You know what I think is lame? Not using spelling and grammar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Oh my God.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Whether or not a guitar sounds good or bad is completely subjective.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
2nd best, otherwise known as the first last place.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Nothing tickles the funny bone like a pissed-off fourteen year old. You can practically hear the voice squeaking.
no
You sound like a cool, smart kid. Some day you will be a famous novelist, or perhaps a poet.
I
DON'T
CARE
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Dec 10, 2008,
You guys judge whos the best guitarist in your school?

Am I the only one that found that kinda odd?
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by Logan699p
excuse me??

Hes 14.

Big difference.

Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by Logan699p
excuse me??

Hes 14.

Big difference.

lol excuse what? 14 is a middle school age as well..
Er, your lameness kind of outshines his.

Sorreh.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536
2nd best? You automatically suck.

What's even worse is when everyone THINKS you're 2nd best, even though you're much better than the guitarist who's "best".

I hate my school.
Quote by tryhonesty

Tryhonesty

2nd best is first worse

oh and i bet the kid plays a strat... like me

i think V's are awesome when played by the right person and ibanez artcores are gorgeous.
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by daryldom
You guys judge whos the best guitarist in your school?

Am I the only one that found that kinda odd?

I find it to be a function of immaturity and ego.

I doubt every guitarist in the school plays the same music, making the topic subjective. I can bet theres probably a quiet kid there that doesnt flaunt hes a guitarist that could play circles around the rest of them there. or as we like to call them that guy.
Quote by Primus2112

I don't understand why we should know about this 'Teen Spirit level' guy. He has no point in this boring tid-bit of information.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
"And he was like 'WAY' and I was like 'NO WAY' then he was all like 'WAY' then I'm like 'NO WAY YOU'RE DUMB' then he's all like 'WAY YOU'RE DUMB!' Is he dumb or what?"

Cause', y'know, people can't have opinions.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
well, that's his preference in tone. If he's the best at your school, he's probably good enough to distinguish tonal differences, and it's perfectly normal for him to have his own perferences. He doesn't like the sound, it's a legitimate reason, and therfore not lame
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I don't understand why we should know about this 'Teen Spirit level' guy. He has no point in this boring tid-bit of information.

it sets him up to not look like a noob, cuz theres the teen spirit kid whose always "worse"

simple really
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by tryhonesty
Two fellow musicians at my school, one of which is still a beginner guitarist, perhaps at a "Smells Like Teen Spirit" level, while the other is thought to be the best guitarist at my school (making me the second best, in my humble opinion...I just felt I had to let you all know that I am really, really great at guitar.) made outrageous claims, such as "All Dean guitars, Flying V's, Explorers, and Ibanez Xiphos guitars are indeed the worst pieces of garbage to ever grace my eardrums!" I explained to this gentlemen that he may be ailing from deafness and that perhaps he should seek medical attention, however he then retorted back, questioning me about how I could tolerate the sounds of those guitars. I smartly exclaimed, "My good sir! You are lamer than a lame duck!"

I was wondering if the Pit indeed felt the same way I did, as I am interested in finding out who is in the wrong here.

Cheerio

Tryhonesty

What a well formulated post! I must say I do agree with you, you scholarly gentleman!
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by kaosfire
it sets him up to not look like a noob, cuz theres the teen spirit kid whose always "worse"

simple really

So he's a comparison figure? I see

He's still a pointless addition

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by imdeth
Strap on a pair. Welcome to the real world or what I like to refer to as "The Matrix".

That would not be cool, dude. Strapping on a pair of hooters is something guys just don't do.