Page 1 of 6
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first thread for the UG Electro album. If you are familiar with Glen'sHeroicAct's notorious UG albums then this will be nothing new to you. It is an album that you, the members of UG, submit songs to and they are edited up and put on the album which will eventually be available for download on megaupload.com. This particular album is an electro only album, meaning all contributions must at least be electro or techno based for the genre, though you can mix it with other genres. So the first thing you will need to do is post whether you are interested in submitting.

Note: You can submit up to three songs.
Note: Covers are allowed as long as it classifies more as a remix.

You will have until January 10th to work on the songs and after that you will have a week to submit them. If there is any reason you will not be able to submit it within that week, let me know ahead of time and I will figure something out.

So who is interested?

Submitted A Song So Far

• Rabidguitarist (1)

• xaviergray (1)

• JakdOnCrack (1)

• Tommo619 (2)

• Alteredgod (3)

• Dubstar92 (1)

• SSL27 (1)

• barb3rman (2)

• Stratwizard (1)

• Broken_Drum (3)

• -February-Star- (1)

• jayr123guitar (1)

If your name is not on the list but you have submitted a song(s), it is because you didn't include your UG name when you sent it. So if this is the case for you, please let me know the song(s) you sent and your UG name.

If you already finished and want to submit early, send it to me at TheBaphomets@hotmail.com. .

Make sure to include you UG name when sending it so I'll know who you are.

UPDATE!!!!!!-Jan 10th
Everyone has one more week to submit their songs, after that I will begin finalizing and mastering them so keep at it.
Last edited by Steel Skins at Jan 10, 2009,
oh wow, i would love to see this and even do a remix but i have no software with which to do it so i'll have to sit it out i'm afraid, but good luck and i'm looking forward to it.

"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Sol9989
oh wow, i would love to see this and even do a remix but i have no software with which to do it so i'll have to sit it out i'm afraid, but good luck and i'm looking forward to it.

Thanks man I hope it works.
Sounds cool, I'll have to see if I can get my current piece done in time for this one.

XAVIEDIT: Will you accept experimental, Aphex Twin-ish stuff?
Last edited by xaviergray at Dec 10, 2008,
I like the idea, I'll see what I can do submission-wise.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
wicked. im in.

songs are in link in my sig (click it for the sake of my view count )
and
in my UG profile.

Ill submit Paper La La and Turn Off the Light. Theres some other songs that arent remixes that im working on, if I finish em off Ill pick one more to submit.

Check em out.

On a side note im very interested to see what UG comes up with musically outside of the guitar realm
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Heck, I want to try something with my drum machines and some samples , sign me up.
I already have a piece for submission.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm extremely interested in this. Don't put me down just yet but I'll see what I've got kicking around and wether I'll be able to polish something by then.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I'm working on some stuff I might put in.

SHEdit: One option is a mix of Digital Sea by Thrice, which I've pushed up ~17BPM and added a couple of trancey pads and a hihat layer to. It might go up to my profile soon.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Dec 10, 2008,
sign me up.

EDIT: does it absolutely have to be techno? could I submit something that's say industrial or some other heavily electronic genre. Techno is very very limiting.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Dec 10, 2008,
Quote by buzz
On a side note im very interested to see what UG comes up with musically outside of the guitar realm

Who said I wouldn't use a guitar?
Liked your paper planes mash up btw
Quote by handbanana
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
sign me up.

EDIT: does it absolutely have to be techno? could I submit something that's say industrial or some other heavily electronic genre. Techno is very very limiting.

I took it that this was incorporating elements of electro, but not strictly limited to it.
I plan on using real instruments as well, provided that's allowed.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
I took it that this was incorporating elements of electro, but not strictly limited to it.
I plan on using real instruments as well, provided that's allowed.

I was more thinking about totally different genres that are still all or mostly electronic, such as darkwave or newer Industrial.

Last.fm
Quote by Steel Skins
.... all contributions must at least be electro or techno based for the genre, though you can mix it with other genres

That just about clears it up doesn't it. As long as it has a clearly strong electro or techno influence or sound, than I'll probably accept it.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I was more thinking about totally different genres that are still all or mostly electronic, such as darkwave or newer Industrial.

I assume that's what he meant by techno/electronic.

A lot of people I know just group anything to do with electronic music under techno.
Quote by soulflyV
I assume that's what he meant by techno/electronic.

A lot of people I know just group anything to do with electronic music under techno.

I was thinking the same thing, but it may confuse a lot of people who make electronic music, since they usually know better.

Last.fm
Quote by soulflyV

Is there an annoying tendency among these people to not like what they've dubbed "techno"? I've noticed people who don't like any electronic music call it all techno.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Wow if those goes through, I'll be in heaven. I can't really contribute, but I really hope this gets done.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Looking back on THIS I'm afraid of what's to come.
Quote by handbanana
Quote by SteveHouse
Is there an annoying tendency among these people to not like what they've dubbed "techno"? I've noticed people who don't like any electronic music call it all techno.

Yeah.

I have a friend who is really into house and trance stuff, so whenever I see him I ask him, "Are you still listening to that doof-doof techno shit?" Just for laughs though I'm an EBM fan myself.
Wish i could contribute im a big fan of sasha/digweed, but that wouldn't classify as electro
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Wish i could contribute

Same here man. I just haven't got anything to record with.

I've got all these soundscapes planned out in my head, and all I have is one of those cheap synth pianos.

I can't even get audacity to work with my computer mic, so unless I get something really good for Christmas (which is a definite NO) I'm out as well.

I'd love to see what everyone produces though, especially mastabassist (I think that's his name, I haven't seen him round lately though:| )
you know theres, plenty of free MIDI sequencing software and synth plugins that you people can use.

Last.fm
Quote by soulflyV
Same here man. I just haven't got anything to record with.

I've got all these soundscapes planned out in my head, and all I have is one of those cheap synth pianos.

If i made a track it would go for like 10 minutes, i like the prog side of it all.
I can't wait to see what happens
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
If i made a track it would go for like 10 minutes, i like the prog side of it all.
I can't wait to see what happens

My mix of Digital Sea takes a 3:44 song, makes it faster, and still lasts over six minutes. I'll be uploading it in a second as soon as I figure the system out (never uploaded before). Let me know how much you all hate it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Can we do electronica takes on classical pieces or rock songs and such?

If you, then count me in!
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by spider666
Can we do electronica takes on classical pieces or rock songs and such?

If you, then count me in!

i listened to your stuff and its really cool man.

anyway like its been said before, anything thats fairly healily electronically based will be good.

Quote by wiliscool
Who said I wouldn't use a guitar?
Liked your paper planes mash up btw

thanks man

Quote by SteveHouse
My mix of Digital Sea takes a 3:44 song, makes it faster, and still lasts over six minutes. I'll be uploading it in a second as soon as I figure the system out (never uploaded before). Let me know how much you all hate it.

coola boola, the piano for the outro is a nice touch too

Xiaoxi have you listened to the Clockwork Orange soundtrack??

Electric Fugue is very cool.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Dec 11, 2008,
I'll go in on this. I haven't tooled around in Reason for awhile.
...oh wow. I nearly cried with joy.

I'm in. I want to contribute either a nuts dance track or a quiet ambient one...either/or =]
Quote by buzz

coola boola, the piano for the outro is a nice touch too

(in case you didn't read the song's description) The piano bit is a segue into the next track I'm working on. It starts off fairly dancey and then goes a wee bit crazy with a phaser at the end...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by buzz

Xiaoxi have you listened to the Clockwork Orange soundtrack??

No....

Why?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm in, i've just completed a remix of one of my own songs.

Sign me up.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Could I then make some Sci-Fi themed Dark Psytrance with a teeny bit of funk thrown in?

Sounds horrible, doesn't it?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Xiaoxi
No....

Why?

haha seems pretty random i guess

Electric Fugue is in the same vein as a lot of that soundtrack, electronic classical. you should give it a listen, very cool cd imo.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX